Turkeybacn

Duxbury area anglers

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Looking to chat with someone who fishes the area. Not looking to spot burn in a public thread, if anyone wants to PM me I'd love to pick your brain. Thanks!

Now that beach Ops is run by the Duxbury PD, night patrols are much more frequent even after beach hours.  Looking for scofflaws without stickers and/or partying teens I guess?   Tough spot to get back to and find you're car towed...big $ tow job too.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Before the bridge, yes.  

Howland's is resident only.  As far as before 9AM...that's a risk you'll have to decide if worth taking ;)  Cops are there often, even in wee hours.

Selectmen establish new regulations for Howland’s Landing Park

Former Blairhaven property to be used for passive recreation

October 17, 2018

By Susanna Sheehan
Clipper Reporter

Seven years after buying the Blairhaven property on Standish Shore for over $3 million, the town has finally adopted rules and regulations for the waterfront park.

On Monday, the Duxbury Board of Selectmen voted unanimously to accept rules for Howland’s Landing Park, formerly known as the Blairhaven property. Located off Crescent Street and Howland’s Landing Road, this 4.7-acre park is adjacent to the town landing that allows public access to Kingston Bay. Voters agreed to buy it in 2011 using $3.15 million in Community Preservation Act funds. Last year, the town and the Jones River Watershed Association of Kingston entered into a conservation restriction that will preserve the land as open space for the future.

The time-lag in creating regulations for the park comes after careful review and discussion of them by the Blairhaven Committee. The regulations state that this parking was purchased “for the quiet enjoyment of the community” and for passive recreation, like enjoying the scenic vista.

The rules state: “Please enjoy this area in ways that will protect the coastal environment and in keeping with the neighborhood.”

The park will be open from sunrise to sunset. Alcohol, fires, fireworks and camping are prohibited, as is hunting and littering, especially bait and fishing waste. Dogs are allowed only on a leash or under the immediate control of their owners, who also must pick up after them.

Although there is currently no parking lot at the park and no town funding available to build one, the rules list that parking is for two-hours only and is for Duxbury residents only. This garnered some questions from selectmen.

“The two-hour parking limit seemed like a pretty short time for someone to go down and have a picnic there,” said Selectmen Chairman Ted Flynn.

He was told the Blairhaven Committee, which is consists of many area residents, felt that if and when there was a parking lot, that it shouldn’t be used by people who were planning to leave their cars there to go out on their boats all day. Also, there were doubts that the two-hour limit would be enforced by the police or harbormaster

Edited by FoliFish

Are there regulations to enforce wearing Vineyard Vines and boat shoes at Howland's?

It might be nice to assist in keeping said scofflaws and the generally unkempt non-residences out of Deluxbury...

:moon: 

On 10/10/2018 at 2:35 PM, pogie_boy said:

Is that a real thing?

5 hours ago, putty said:

Are there regulations to enforce wearing Vineyard Vines and boat shoes at Howland's?

It might be nice to assist in keeping said scofflaws and the generally unkempt non-residences out of Deluxbury...

Posted (edited) · Report post

I messed up with copying an older post fancy pants fly fisherman how do I delete my mess up?

Edited by bumknee
I messed up copying from an older Duxbury post on the one right before this one. I was asking for tech yips on deleting my mess up.

16 hours ago, putty said:

Especially those from neighboring towns!