Spigola

Low profile Fathom question

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey PENN rep!  I've been fishing PENN reels since I was 12 and I am 75 now.  I'm really interested in the new low profile Fathom in either 200 or 300 size.  When will they be available at retailers and will an oversize POWER HANDLE be available to be purchased for those two models?

Edited by Spigola

Hopefully Penn will chime in, but the last I heard was from a retailer hoping for late September. 

I hope so, because I think I want one too.

Spig - 

We will begin shipping them on 9/14, so expect to see them at retailers shortly after. Unfortunately, the power handles are only available for the 400 size. The 200 and 300 use a different handle attachment method than the 400 so they are not cross compatible. 

Ben

On 8/19/2020 at 4:25 PM, PENN Fishing said:

Spig - 

We will begin shipping them on 9/14, so expect to see them at retailers shortly after. Unfortunately, the power handles are only available for the 400 size. The 200 and 300 use a different handle attachment method than the 400 so they are not cross compatible. 

Ben

Thanks Ben.  Looks like the perfect match to a Jigging World Nexus I own for bottom fishing off the Jersey coast.  Looking forward to seeing one at a dealer.

Spig