flyangler

Harris divides blacks: 1-in-3 diss pick, now 'less likely' to vote Biden

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

How can this be possible?

How can such a choice lead to this finding?

What is it about Harris that might disenfranchise over 30% of black voters in this poll?

WashEx:

Kamala Harris divides blacks: One-third diss pick, now 'less likely' to vote for Biden

In a surprise, Joe Biden’s pick of Sen. Kamala Harris, the first black woman on a presidential ticket, has divided the black vote in a potentially damaging way. 

In the latest Rasmussen Reports survey, one of the first since Biden chose Harris, a third of likely voters who were black said they are “less likely” to vote for the Democratic ticket, a third said they were “more likely” to back it, and about a third said it will either have no impact on their choice or weren’t sure.

Still, black voters have a favorable view of the California senator. Some 37% have a “very favorable” opinion of her compared to 28% of white voters.

Biden has recently made a handful of gaffes seen as damaging his effort to shore up the normally Democratic black vote. Party officials said they hoped that Harris would help Biden win the 90% of the black vote Democrats commonly get.

But the Rasmussen poll is a red flag. And it follows other recent polls by the firm that show support for President Trump.

For the month of July, Rasmussen said that black approval of Trump was 36%. Before the coronavirus crisis, black employment had hit a high, and his administration has tackled key issues in the African American community, including criminal justice reform and inner-city opportunity zones.

B597C6EE-3084-47EC-AFE9-7C135C1963CB.jpeg.bb36be62a45ad15786219098064a7db1.jpeg

I wonder if they think that Kamala's father's claim that the family is descended from slave owners has any thing to do with it.

Ironic if true.

The potential first woman VP's ancestors could have owned their ancestors.

OTOH, most likely, they just know she's just a terrible candidate

Black people are experts at evaluating other Black people.

What they despise is pretenders, that use being Black for personal gain.

I think that is what the 30% are feeling. 

This morning I put 4 nickels in a jar.  I will do this every day.

By January, I will have the $55 that I will owe TK (or his charity of choice).  A bet I will not mind losing.

*FYI-  for the sec8/gimme crowd, this is known as budgeting and saving.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

She’s a San Francisco machine politician who does what her handlers tell her to. It’s why she waffles and does not think well on her feet. She stands for nothing.

Edited by MikeM58

1 min ago, RiverRaider said:

is it too late for jussie Smollet to stage another hate crime hoax ? 

She has the whole pack of race cards, and will probably play them all when she doesn't get the traction she needs.

She’s has an integrity problem from her roots to her present situation “that was just politics “ in reference to what was said at the dem debates....Busing ,the dope dealers ....Let the hypocrisy continue..and joe don’t hold a grudge ...FOR THE P O S LEFTISTS THE ONLY THING LEFT IS  THE DEMS ARE STILL COUNTING THE MAIL IN BALLOTS FROM IDAHO AND IOWA FROM YHE DEM PRIMARIES ...can you imagine they resurface and Bernie was the real winner .  

14 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

She’s a San Francisco machine politician who does what her handlers tell her to. It’s why she waffles and does think well on her feet. She stands for nothing.

Excellent description. 

12 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

...and her followers will fall for anything she says.

Might be the most accurate and insightful thing she says during the whole campaign!