Hook I

“ Tribute to Light “ 911 memorial cancelled...almost

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation announced Friday it will step it up to make sure the annual “Tribute in Light” shines on September 11.

The 9/11 Memorial and Museum announced on it web site  the “Tribute in Light” has been canceled this year due to coronavirus concerns.

After over 19,000 people signed a Petition  calling on Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio to allow the annual tribute to continue next month, Frank Siller announced the Tunnel to Tower foundation would set up its own light memorial near the World Trade Center Location. 

“We're going to make sure that those beautiful lights that represent the loss of life of 2,977 brave souls 19 years ago, they will be illuminating the skies on Sept. 11 this year to make sure that we pay tribute to all those who perished that fateful day,” Siller said. “It's going to be on Sept. 11, we're going to have almost an identical location of where they are every single year. It will look almost identical of what you've seen every single year. It's going to be a magnificent tribute to those who died.”

Posted (edited) · Report post

The NY mayor is lowlife scum sucker that respects nothing.

Way to go Tunnels to Towers.

Edited by Jay Blair

My friend used to live on west st and his apt on the 20th floor overlooked to parking garage where they put these lights. They're pretty massive, each one about the size of a refrigerator. I had some really cool photos of that, but lost them changing computers. 

It's stupid to think Corona virus could be an issue with this thing. You can see the lights from practically anywhere in Manhattan. 

5 mins ago, Jay Blair said:

The NY mayor is lowlife scum sucker that respects nothing.

Way to go Tunnels to Towers.

Yes he is , The 

The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation is a wonderful group of people who help rebuild people’s lives  who put themselves up front defending our freedom . 

Just like historical statues, Democrats want to remove every symbol of people coming together to be greater than the whole, anything that unites people, they want gone, with destruction left behind.

10 mins ago, dena said:

Just like historical statues, Democrats want to remove every symbol of people coming together to be greater than the whole, anything that unites people, they want gone, with destruction left behind.

They do hate America, but the MTV music awards are ok and still on...........

2 mins ago, Flybyme said:

Only because they are a vehicle in which to spread 'the message'.

If the VMA went apolitical, they would be off the air as fast as you can say Jack Robinson.

56 mins ago, dena said:

Dena I agree 100% ! DeBlasio is a POS and should be run out of office.

5 hours ago, dena said:

5 hours ago, Flybyme said:

There, there......... you two.

cry baby.jpg

“Tribute to Light” is back on as Originally planned . 

“ after speaking to the planners the city has decided that they can carefully plan “ protecting the electrical contractors and construction personnel from Covid 19 “ . It’s all BS ! maybe the 19,000 ( in the 1st minute ) signatures protesting the closing 

glad it’s back on , I would not miss it ! 

Yes the dems do hate America and it shows. 

They'll try to destroy anything that honors Americans or brings Americans together for a common patriotic or religious reason. 

Next will be the big NYC  Christmas tree.

Yeah, sorry you can't have the big Christmas tree...covid, and its racist.

To cancell The Towers of Light would be a disgrace. With all the BS this scumbag , incompetent Mayor allows on a daily basis , this is the very last thing that should be canceled. In a strange , yet sad way, I look forward to standing in my yard and gazing at them every night they soar towards the heavens. It’s as close as I will ever come to any memorial or museum that honors that horrific day and the surreal months / years that followed . I’m 15 mins. away , yet I know I’ll never be able to walk in that area again. Thank God their still people with enough integrity , honor and sense of continuity to step up and make this happen in spite of sickening bastards that would cancel it. 

6 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Republicans will fight paying healthcare for the first responders

but demand a light show. 

A light show, that's all it is to you. :dismay: