Bill163

No 9/11 tribute lights this year

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Supposedly due to the Wuhan Flu.  Good day for the FDNY & NYPD to take a knee and have a massive sickout. The govt in the city and state is just pathetic.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It’s been documented that segments of the population were very happy on that sunny Tuesday morning with the mild wind blowing from the southeast. Do you think Bill De Blasio was sad or happy? 

Edited by blastwater

The mayor said it would put the crew of 40 to erect and keep the lights on in a dangerous position due to Covid. I’m positive those 40 men would be happy and proud to do that job. And I’m positive that the city could find 40 cops and firemen that are electricians to keep the memorial going. This should not be political , many people died on that day and are continuing to die due to the conditions down there. 

The mayor of Middletown NJ said " We will host and put up the lights, we lost the second highest number of residents after NYC"  They are working on a location now.

Jim

It would be an abject disgrace if Middletown NJ had twin lights in memory of 9/11 but NYC did not. WTF has happened to this country? How can I express how honored I would be if my child were accepted into West Point, or Annapolis or FDNY?  
I’m a vet who went to college on the GI bill then had tremendous success by working long & hard for years. I’m 49 and the world has changed and I don’t see how it changes back. 

Edited by blastwater

Riots are okey dokey, a vigil remembering the victims and first responders of the worst terror attack in the US not okey dokey. GTFOOHWTS 

The lights were cancelled by the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.  Now, the lights are back on again with funding by the Steven Siller foundation. The lights will be located in downtown.

28 mins ago, blastwater said:

It would be an abject disgrace if Middletown NJ had twin lights in memory of 9/11 but NYC did not. WTF has happened to this country? How can I express how honored I would be if my child were accepted into West Point, or Annapolis or FDNY?  
I’m a vet who went to college on the GI bill then had tremendous success by working long & hard for years. I’m 49 and the world has changed and I don’t see how it changes back. 

Hey Blast, I've changed my thinking in that we have to go so far backwards to finally go forward. Things have to get so bad that woke people will finally really wake up and see the light. It's gonna be an ugly ride. Thanks for your service!

I suspect that the museum is sucking financial wind from a long Covid shutdown and figured this would be an easy cost cutter.  The rationale was probably that the lights were never intended to be permanent; they were specifically put up as a memorial during the time that the actual memorial site was under construction.  

I'm glad the lights are going to be lit. 

Everyone should hang a blue light outside their homes 

eff NYC mayor DBaglasio 

Edited by Sandflee

Truly offensive. ****ing disgrace.  What a piece of ****. The sooner he is voted out the better. If I were a cop/fire/ems that was there that day or regardless I would be beside myself. But the riots oops I mean protests were fine. 

It’s disgraceful that this was cancelled.

I’ve always felt that the tribute lights should shine every night of the  year. 
DiBlasio should be ashamed .

He’s done more damage to NYC than any mayor in history.