WorcBoy

Fall Hunting

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

So,

with the overcrowding of beaches and the increase in people fishing because they are not working I'm getting a little worried about hunting season. Spring turkey was a joke with the amount of guys in the woods.

anyone else feel the same?

My bird hunting buddy and I just had this discussion.  We're afraid this fall will be a zoo.  Yes, a big uptick in hunters, but also hikers, cyclists, dog walkers,  tree huggers and general do gooders.

Could make for some epic whine-sessions from non-hunters claiming they every right to be "one-with-nature" when you are out hunting. These same turds will be the ones that will state that "My taxes helped pay for this land" (yeah, right)...

Hopefully, with their unemployment checks running out many potential "obstacles" will either be forced to get a job or won't be able to afford those day trips to commune with the outdoors.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I am not worried at all. I only hunt 1 private place in MA, and the deer Inchase on the public land are conditioned to people and dogs so it won’t change my experience. 

For SG deer Quabbin is having a 2 week season. Woods are big there and I will have plenty of room if I have a tag left. 

Edited by ged

12 mins ago, ged said:

I am not worried at all. I only hunt 1 private place in MA, and the deer Inchase on the public land are conditioned to people and dogs so it won’t change my experience. 

For SG deer Quabbin is having a 2 week season. Woods are big there and I will have plenty of room if I have a tag left. 

I might just have to put a stand in my backyard..my big boy has been back along with a few others. Trail cam pics to come this weekend.

8 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

I might just have to put a stand in my backyard..my big boy has been back along with a few others. Trail cam pics to come this weekend.

WB,

I'd keep that under your hat!   Remember what happened to me in 1973 when I got permission to hunt  the most exclusive private property near Quabbin.  The owner was gracious enough to allow me one guest.   Man did I pick the wrong guest!  Opening day deer season, the guy shows up with his whole family. We all got thrown out on our ear, opening morning, 5am. :(

39 mins ago, bob_G said:

WB,

I'd keep that under your hat!   Remember what happened to me in 1973 when I got permission to hunt  the most exclusive private property near Quabbin.  The owner was gracious enough to allow me one guest.   Man did I pick the wrong guest!  Opening day deer season, the guy shows up with his whole family. We all got thrown out on our ear, opening morning, 5am. :(

well

to get to the yard, you would have to get past the "warden" (wife) who is working from home.

I think if I did put a stand up SHE would call the EPO and turn me in.

When I send the pics you will see why she would.

Posted (edited) · Report post

There will be a lot more nature walkers than usual if this spring and summer are any indicator of things to come. My plan of attack will be to hunt wet;deep; thick; or all of the above spots. Hopefully far away from these people that have never stepped foot in the woods until Covid. As far as hunters go? Not sure; maybe in high density zone 10 and 11 areas. Most hunters I know are back to work or were never out of work at all so I don’t see the difference there being much; unless guys that have never hunted before take up new hobbies..

Edited by CcCstriper89

I'm a little worried what the bird hunting experience might turn into as most of the stocking is in WMA's. Deer hunting I'm mostly on my own land so that should be fine. It's not posted, but could be rather quickly if need be.

We’ve been putting up posted signs already, 2 x as many as usual in anticipation of scumbag infiltration     Roofing nails and rock screws for the illegal parking spots help 

1 min ago, Kones1 said:

Roofing nails and rock screws for the illegal parking spots help 

Better hope no one gets hurts. By the way, this is a stupid thing to suggest and stupid to post on a public forum. 

I hunt MS for pheasant, it's always crowded... Hopefully all the guys with guns will scare away the joggers and walkers I ran into during turkey season... 

14 mins ago, ged said:

Better hope no one gets hurts. By the way, this is a stupid thing to suggest and stupid to post on a public forum. 

Not really, spray foam in the tailpipe is a better idea. It’ll cost more also than just a flat tire. 

17 hours ago, bob_G said:

WB,

Did you punch your friend in the face after? I sure would have if it was me. 

5 mins ago, gray gables said:

Not really, spray foam in the tailpipe is a better idea. It’ll cost more also than just a flat tire. 

Stupid