AlwaysWading

First step when buying a hand gun

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

17 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

NJ

Oy vey, I feel sorry for you. Move to Connecticut, much easier here. Just need to get a CCL first which is not that difficult, then you can buy any handgun that's Ct. legal and go home with it.

7 mins ago, mybeach said:

I’d be interested to see the timeline here. 

I'm thinking about 12 weeks.  Maybe 16.

I feel sorry for you guys in commie states. If I wanted to buy a legal Ct. handgun all I need to do is show the salesman my CCL, fill out all the forms, wait a few minutes (usually) for a phone call to the state police for clearance, then home with it I go. Usually takes about an hour. Without a CCL the salesman won't even let you touch a handgun.

23 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Without a CCL the salesman won't even let you touch a handgun.

I thought you only needed the CCL only if you wanted to carry with you.:headscratch:

Posted (edited) · Report post

My process is different in the 808. You need to actually purchase the handgun first to obtain the SN. Then you apply for the permit to acquire, get printed, get backgrounded, obtain permit, pick up already purchased handgun from FFL dealer, then bring to PD to register. At that point you take possession legally.  

Same process for EVERY SINGLE serial number.

Took about 10 days recently, but I had to make an appointment about a month out. If you count that, it took 7 weeks. 

Edited by mybeach

18 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

I thought you only needed the CCL only if you wanted to carry with you.:headscratch:

Use to be that way in Ct, after the Sandy Hook laws changed. Like all good commie states, they made it harder for law abiding citizens to get a gun while doing nothing to address the problem.