coolhandfluke

ANYONE WATCH F1 RACES ?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

in between periods of the hockey game i was flipping channels and came across a f1 race.   these cars are battery powered ?

they run on road courses basically in a single file the whole race ?   they have a limited power supply so they cant abuse it like a nascar engine.

they play follow the leader and the top 5 usually just jockey positions depending on how much energy the car has left. how is that racing ?

from what i saw its a joke.   why not just let them run a 10 lap shootout to make it more interesting.

THE F1 RACES ARE SOME OF THE MOST DRAMATIC AND DANGEROUS RACES.

THE CARS RUN ON FUEL NOT BATTERIES.  MUCH SMALLER ENGINES AND MUCH  HIGHER RPMS.

TRY WATCHING THE QUALIFIERS YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING.

F1 DRIVERS HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO STEER LEFT AND RIGHT --NOT JUST TURN LEFT (LOL)

JUST MY 2 CENT OPINION

Posted (edited) · Report post

F1 runs hybrid engines but you dont hear the electric motors. It's like Formula E, but not for queers.

Edited by fishinambition

9 mins ago, fishinambition said:

If the cars sounded like dentists' drills then you were watching Formula E. It's like f1, but for queers.

Poor Bernie, he was just talking about electric cars. 

You know FA that in 5 years they'll be more options for electric than gas vehicles. Kinda sad but we're headed that way. 

Just now, Firinne said:

Poor Bernie, he was just talking about electric cars. 

You know FA that in 5 years they'll be more options for electric than gas vehicles. Kinda sad but we're headed that way. 

I dont believe that. Until electric cars can be charged in minutes and at every other street corner, they wont be competitive outside the urbs. There are a million other reasons as well but the convenience factor is a huge one. I would love a car that has like 30 moving parts and has instant torque in spades. But we are far far away from the reality of it happening on a truly large scale. 

If you want to get a true sense of F1 start by watching races from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. 

Today’s F1 is a shadow of those days and not a good way to form an impression of what used to be a great sport. 

2 mins ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

If you want to get a true sense of F1 start by watching races from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. 

Today’s F1 is a shadow of those days and not a good way to form an impression of what used to be a great sport. 

you mean like jackie stewert.   the unsers, the fittapaldies, the foyts.