GSB

Suffolk County Beach Pass

9 posts in this topic

I just got a New Truck I don’t have the registration for it yet , brought it last Saturday. Can I still get a green key card and a beach pass for it. What documents do I need . Also what’s the price of it? Is it cheaper after Labor Day? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SC Green Key not tied to a vehicle it's tied to a person and an address so as long as your Driver's License has a Suffolk County address you can get the Green Key.

You should have a temporary registration on the truck and that will be enough for you to get the Outer Beach pass but the price drops by 50% after Labor Day.

At this point you may want to wait.

 

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, Jolly Green said:

The SC Green Key not tied to a vehicle it's tied to a person and an address so as long as your Driver's License has a Suffolk County address you can get the Green Key.

You should have a temporary registration on the truck and that will be enough for you to get the Outer Beach pass but the price drops by 50% after Labor Day.

At this point you may want to wait.

 

Bob

Thanks yes I’m definitely going to wait however maybe I’ll just get the green key card for now . Bob what do I need in my vechical these days , shovel ,board, air pump, hose line, fire extinguisher etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent regs - https://suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Parks/Doing-Business/Rules-and-Regulations/Outer-Beach-Rules

And LIBBA says

Jack
Jackboard
Shovel
Rope, Chain or Snap Line
Fire Extinguisher
Spare Tire
Tire Gauge
Flashlight
First Aid Kit
Portable Air compressor or Air Tank
 
I believe also fishing equip per person
I don't see that the SC $65 fee is discounted after LD, it's only NYS that has a not-summer-time schedule for getting NYS beach permits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 0:40 PM, frazerp said:

Recent regs - https://suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Parks/Doing-Business/Rules-and-Regulations/Outer-Beach-Rules

And LIBBA says

Jack
Jackboard
Shovel
Rope, Chain or Snap Line
Fire Extinguisher
Spare Tire
Tire Gauge
Flashlight
First Aid Kit
Portable Air compressor or Air Tank
 
I believe also fishing equip per person
I don't see that the SC $65 fee is discounted after LD, it's only NYS that has a not-summer-time schedule for getting NYS beach permits

I called yesterday and inquired, yeah there no money off after Labor Day. I thought there was back in 2012-2013 last time I had the pass lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, GSB said:

I called yesterday and inquired, yeah there no money off after Labor Day. I thought there was back in 2012-2013 last time I had the pass lol

I just called Smith Point and asked about the reduction in cost for the Outer Beach permit and they do drop by 50% after Labor Day.

The Green Key does not change price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.