GSB

Suffolk County Beach Pass

9 posts in this topic

I just got a New Truck I don’t have the registration for it yet , brought it last Saturday. Can I still get a green key card and a beach pass for it. What documents do I need . Also what’s the price of it? Is it cheaper after Labor Day? 

The SC Green Key not tied to a vehicle it's tied to a person and an address so as long as your Driver's License has a Suffolk County address you can get the Green Key.

You should have a temporary registration on the truck and that will be enough for you to get the Outer Beach pass but the price drops by 50% after Labor Day.

At this point you may want to wait.

Bob

26 mins ago, Jolly Green said:

The SC Green Key not tied to a vehicle it's tied to a person and an address so as long as your Driver's License has a Suffolk County address you can get the Green Key.

You should have a temporary registration on the truck and that will be enough for you to get the Outer Beach pass but the price drops by 50% after Labor Day.

At this point you may want to wait.

Bob

Thanks yes I’m definitely going to wait however maybe I’ll just get the green key card for now . Bob what do I need in my vechical these days , shovel ,board, air pump, hose line, fire extinguisher etc 

Recent regs - https://suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Parks/Doing-Business/Rules-and-Regulations/Outer-Beach-Rules

And LIBBA says

Jack
Jackboard
Shovel
Rope, Chain or Snap Line
Fire Extinguisher
Spare Tire
Tire Gauge
Flashlight
First Aid Kit
Portable Air compressor or Air Tank

I believe also fishing equip per person
I don't see that the SC $65 fee is discounted after LD, it's only NYS that has a not-summer-time schedule for getting NYS beach permits

On 8/14/2020 at 0:40 PM, frazerp said:

Recent regs - https://suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Parks/Doing-Business/Rules-and-Regulations/Outer-Beach-Rules

And LIBBA says

Jack
Jackboard
Shovel
Rope, Chain or Snap Line
Fire Extinguisher
Spare Tire
Tire Gauge
Flashlight
First Aid Kit
Portable Air compressor or Air Tank

I believe also fishing equip per person
I don't see that the SC $65 fee is discounted after LD, it's only NYS that has a not-summer-time schedule for getting NYS beach permits

I called yesterday and inquired, yeah there no money off after Labor Day. I thought there was back in 2012-2013 last time I had the pass lol

On 8/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, GSB said:

I called yesterday and inquired, yeah there no money off after Labor Day. I thought there was back in 2012-2013 last time I had the pass lol

I just called Smith Point and asked about the reduction in cost for the Outer Beach permit and they do drop by 50% after Labor Day.

The Green Key does not change price.