freezer won't stop running

Rate this topic

billthe5th

Been a while since I picked the great brains on here, any thoughts on this one?

Refrigerator is working fine, freezer underneath won't stop running. I noticed a layer of frost on everything first, and the light wasn't going on, then I noticed it was running continuously. light switch was just frozen from frost, so that was simple to wiggle loose. 

There's no actual issue with it cooling, everything is frozen solid, probably even more than usual. Just not sensing that its cold enough in some way?

Maybe I'm way off here, but one resident of the house has a problem with not closing doors of any sort... could that have caused moisture to get in there and create the frost and freeze something else up?

Edited by billthe5th
feeling uncreative today

Yes. The frost is from humid air. It’s coming in from somewhere. Check the gasket too. 

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

On 8/14/2020 at 4:42 AM, billthe5th said:

freezer underneath won't stop running.

Must be tough chasing it around every time you want ice.....:hippie::scuba:

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 7:24 AM, cheech said:

If you had a recent power loss it may have got out of cycle. Lower the setting or unplug it for a couple of hours.

many months late but thanks all for the input everyone.

ended up needing the kitchen gutted due to a leak anyway, and the machine in question got moved several times, and somewhere along the way it started working fine, so I guess this last part is what it needed.

feeling uncreative today