BRossi

Lathe identification

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

A friend was buying some rods off a guy who used to build rods. The guy also had this lathe he was looking to sell. They couldn't find any brand name on it or remember who it was made by. Does anybody happen to know the manufacturer? Is it a solid unit? Any info would be great. Thanks BrianIMG_7219.jpg.50268ce89eefd8ac63368dd1475b97cf.jpgIMG_7217.jpg.36e66958bb6dc46d9eefa6df677e32e9.jpgIMG_7224.jpg.c8ce6d0bac9441920aafb1589b8dc431.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Newer Custom power wrapper. Very good wrapper, been around over 30 years. Made in the USA. Parts and supplies are available though Angler's Workshop. Mine is almost 30 years old and still going strong with little maintenance. Mine was built on mini metal lathe parts, some of the parts now look similar to the parts used by the Alps power wrapper.

Edited by spoonplugger1

Spoonplugger1 is correct.  It is a Custom Power Wrap unit that was/is available from Angler's Workshop.  This is the highest model that includes both the reduction unit and three jaw chuck for wrapping and turning grips.  Also has the motor for drying rods.  Your picture shows that it has the rod support for the drying motor (only 1 was included, the other 2 should be single rod supports for the wrapping side only).  Should also have a thread carriage.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If it also has a clear plastic second tray with what appears to have nothing on it,  you probably have the Sharon tray, in the corner will be a small embedded magnet to hold your razor blade and enough room on the tray for your other needed tools, love mine. All the accessories from the Pac Bay, Alps, Forecast, and American Tackle machines will also fit in the accessory slider, many have the five spool Pac Bay thread carriage on their machine.

Edited by spoonplugger1

Thank you both very much! That was more info than I thought I was going to get. My main concern was being able to get parts if something is missing but it sounds like that's not an issue. You've got me excited,, I'll go check it out in person today. Thanks again, I appreciate it!