bushshark

Salt Lake City/Park City Utah fishing?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My wife and I are checking out a few homes in the salt late city area next week.  It might be an option for us....having said that, I'm wondering if any one has much experience fishing this area.   I sure as hell ain't moving anywhere unless I know what the fishing options are.  

Thanks,

Mike

I have never been there but a good buddy was out there last year on business and fished the Provo river and said it was amazing. He travels a lot for work and fishes all over the US and Canada and told me that our next trip should be Salt Lake. I know it is not first hand but it has moved up the list on the places that I would like to go. 

It's a beautiful part of the country. The Weber River and Provo aren't far away and offer great trout fishing. The Green River is a few hours away and is loaded with nice Browns and bows, great hatches too. 

there are loads of great trout opportunities throughout the state. 

If you like beer you might want to stock up in a neighboring state as Utah sells watered down beer with half the alcohol content.

I'm from Utah. There's good trout fishing. The further you get away from the major cities the better. The Provo and Weber rivers get hammered but I guess you could go on a weekday. Flaming gorge and the green river is one of the best fisheries in the United States. 

I went out there on a work trip in March.   The Provo is a nice river but it’s gets pounded. The following weekend we took the trip to the Green and stayed in Dutch John. . Very nice river and loaded with big trout. Also gets hit pretty hard as well. Have to time the hatches right or it can be tough.  Best to float it I think.