Cheerleaders are Important

Rate this topic

Jmat321

An interesting argument I am hearing w/ regarding to voting Biden/Harris.  Covid, economic disaster, civil unrest, general negative feelings coming from regular media/social media.  Argument states that Biden/Harris wins, the national feeling and/or portrayal of that feeling goes from doom and gloom to a more positive attitude.  i.e. - media goes from we are all screwed to "we got this" or "let's find a way".  The country sure could use some cheerleaders right now.  That attitude moves into to more getting opened up, less civil unrest, etc.  

9 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

An interesting argument I am hearing w/ regarding to voting Biden/Harris.  Covid, economic disaster, civil unrest, general negative feelings coming from regular media/social media.  Argument states that Biden/Harris wins, the national feeling and/or portrayal of that feeling goes from doom and gloom to a more positive attitude.  i.e. - media goes from we are all screwed to "we got this" or "let's find a way".  The country sure could use some cheerleaders right now.  That attitude moves into to more getting opened up, less civil unrest, etc.  

I've been hearing that since March.

Just now, Dave S said:

All part of the plan. 

what if it is?  negative propaganda that prolongs lockdowns and causes more economic damage flat out hurts my bottom line.  if a change in leadership ushered in a "Go America" attitude, might be worth it.  From what I understand, that was a HUGE part of Reagan's draw.  We went from doom and gloom to let's go. 

2 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

what if it is?  negative propaganda that prolongs lockdowns and causes more economic damage flat out hurts my bottom line.  if a change in leadership ushered in a "Go America" attitude, might be worth it.  From what I understand, that was a HUGE part of Reagan's draw.  We went from doom and gloom to let's go. 

Reagan was different. 

What we have now is as close to pushing for a collapse. I for one do not believe those pushing for it should be rewarded. 

2 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

So you would reward the I won't do what's right for the country because I hate the other side mentality?

2 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

So you would reward the I won't do what's right for the country because I hate the other side mentality?

How would Trump's re election help my bottom line if we continue to have an environment of negativity, endless lockdowns, civil unrest, etc? 

If you understand the Media are no more than Democratic Party operatives with bylines or anchor news shows, none of this should be a surprise. 

I cannot find a youtube version of the clip to post but you can find it at Mediate.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cnns-brian-stelter-claims-media-outlets-exist-to-tear-down-biden-but-that-theres-no-media-to-undermine-trump/

Here is the transcript, key bits in boldface, from Sunday on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” when host Brian Stelter ironically questioned if there are any left media outlets that “tear down” Trump during a segment on “right-wing” talk radio hosts questioning the state of Biden’s mental and physical health.

Stelter: “Fox’s narrative and talk radio’s narrative for months has been that Joe Biden is falling apart. You just heard him say it, falling apart. There he is riding a bike, out for a bike ride. Fox, of all networks, is the one that showed it happen. Look, we are going to see negative partisanship fuel the next three months — the last three months of this never-ending campaign. It is a key part of what is going on. It is a potion, an ugly potion that’s only getting worse.”

“Negative partisanship, it kind of explains everything about what is broken in our media environment because there’s all of these media outlets, all of these radio stars and TV shows that are just constantly attacking, fueling hatred of the other side. Am I right to say this happens on the left and the right, but it’s more severe on the right currently?

Panelist Nicole Hemmer: “Yes. I would say it’s more severe on the right currently in part because the right just has a longer tradition of these overtly ideological media outlets.”

Stelter: “I don’t want to claim it’s new, but I’m just arguing it’s getting worse, more severe. Errin, your view of this? When you see entire media companies essentially exist to tear down Joe Biden, is there an equivalent of that on the left, tearing down Trump?”

Panelist Errin Haines: “There really isn’t. What I would say is it’s really a diet of this type of information that a lot of these voters are getting.”

=========

Irony = CNN, Stelter, "Reliable Sources", "...is there an equivalent of that on the left, tearing down Trump?”, "There really isn’t"

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

3 mins ago, flyangler said:

CNN, Stelter, "Reliable Sources", "...is there an equivalent of that on the left, tearing down Trump?”, "There really isn’t"

Brian knew he was being dishonest because he thought no one would see it (given ratings and all)

4 mins ago, flyangler said:

If you understand the Media are no more than Democratic Party operatives with bylines or anchor news shows, none of this should be a surprise. 

I cannot find a youtube version of the clip to post but you can find it at Mediate.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/cnns-brian-stelter-claims-media-outlets-exist-to-tear-down-biden-but-that-theres-no-media-to-undermine-trump/

Here is the transcript, key bits in boldface, from Sunday on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” when host Brian Stelter ironically questioned if there are any left media outlets that “tear down” Trump during a segment on “right-wing” talk radio hosts questioning the state of Biden’s mental and physical health.

Stelter: “Fox’s narrative and talk radio’s narrative for months has been that Joe Biden is falling apart. You just heard him say it, falling apart. There he is riding a bike, out for a bike ride. Fox, of all networks, is the one that showed it happen. Look, we are going to see negative partisanship fuel the next three months — the last three months of this never-ending campaign. It is a key part of what is going on. It is a potion, an ugly potion that’s only getting worse.”

“Negative partisanship, it kind of explains everything about what is broken in our media environment because there’s all of these media outlets, all of these radio stars and TV shows that are just constantly attacking, fueling hatred of the other side. Am I right to say this happens on the left and the right, but it’s more severe on the right currently?

Panelist Nicole Hemmer: “Yes. I would say it’s more severe on the right currently in part because the right just has a longer tradition of these overtly ideological media outlets.”

Stelter: “I don’t want to claim it’s new, but I’m just arguing it’s getting worse, more severe. Errin, your view of this? When you see entire media companies essentially exist to tear down Joe Biden, is there an equivalent of that on the left, tearing down Trump?”

Panelist Errin Haines: “There really isn’t. What I would say is it’s really a diet of this type of information that a lot of these voters are getting.”

=========

Irony = CNN, Stelter, "Reliable Sources", "...is there an equivalent of that on the left, tearing down Trump?”, "There really isn’t"

It's amazing they can say that crap and keep a straight face.

13 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

J - Explain to me how a "Go America" attitude in the Media will change things? Trump espouses about as much of a "Go America" attitude as one can muster in his position. Do you disagree? 

Biden, meanwhile, is espousing a tax-raising, regulation promoting, budget deficit exploding (voluntary), foreign policy coddling approach that is about as anti-GoAmerica as one can ponder. No? 

As for the propaganda, what do you think will be the focus of a Dem controlled triple in DC do? How many investigations of all things Trump will occur? How many judges appointed by Trump and approved by the GOP senate do you think will be impeached? 

If you think Kumbaya is coming under a President Biden please send me some of what you are taking. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson