RedGreen

Trqs5 and trqii5500 parts - bailess rotor arms

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Recently acquired a torque 1 size 5 reel in black, love it, want to make it bailess though. Need to acquire the new rotor arms. Haven't found the balance arm available online, all other parts seem available.

I have a phone number I haven't tried yet but wanted to ask here if it's still possible to get the bailess rotor arm- balance side.

If not, will parts for the torque 2 bailess rotor be available soon?

Edited by RedGreen

Just now, Dinger117 said:

Have you tried mystic parts?

I have, they don't have the balance arm, nor any rotor parts for the torque 2. Was hoping Tony would comment as the mystic parts guy (can't recall his name) said I'd probably have to call Penn or contact them somehow to get these parts. Made the thread in case anyone else had information they'd be willing to share. 

RG,

We have the complete 1st gen bail-less black rotor assembly in stock 1225784 (#27 on schematic).  If you didn't buy the complete assembly you can purchase the arms and the other components separately as well.  The 2nd gen arms will throw off the line lay even if they did fit.  You need to buy 1st gen parts for your 1st gen reel. 

tony

6 mins ago, PENN Fishing said:

RG,

We have the complete 1st gen bail-less black rotor assembly in stock 1225784 (#27 on schematic).  If you didn't buy the complete assembly you can purchase the arms and the other components separately as well.  The 2nd gen arms will throw off the line lay even if they did fit.  You need to buy 1st gen parts for your 1st gen reel. 

tony

Tony,

Thank you very much, that's very helpful. The rotor cups for the bailed and bailess torque 5 are identical so I don't think I'd need the whole assembly, just the arms, counterbalance, screws, and the roller stud. My roller and bearings are stuck on my reel (spin freely, but I can't remove them) so I'd need those too.

Those would be parts:

1229725 - roller arm

1229748 - balance arm

1225785 - roller stud

1225786 - counterbalance

1202297 - roller screw

1225783 - counterbalance screws, 2x

1200382 - roller

1200383 - bearing, 2x.

Do you have all these parts on hand to order?

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. I can't say enough how much I appreciate this level of service. It's one of the things I love most about Penn.

All pats listed are in stock. You can order directly through our Customer Service

Parts Customer Service

Monday thru Friday
8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. EST
Phone: (800) 892-5444

tony

5 mins ago, PENN Fishing said:

All pats listed are in stock. You can order directly through our Customer Service

Parts Customer Service

Monday thru Friday
8:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. EST
Phone: (800) 892-5444

tony

Wicked. Can't thank you enough Tony. Will call soon and get that order in.