SallyGrowler

UK Covid Death total Revised Down by 11%

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

"The British government had previously been labeling deaths as COVID-19 fatalities if anyone who had had a positive test for the disease had died at any point following that test. The revised policy limits that window to 28 days after a positive test. 

The new method dropped total deaths in the country from 46,706 to 41,329, a plunge of 11.5%

12 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

"The British government had previously been labeling deaths as COVID-19 fatalities if anyone who had had a positive test for the disease had died at any point following that test. The revised policy limits that window to 28 days after a positive test. 

The new method dropped total deaths in the country from 46,706 to 41,329, a plunge of 11.5%

Gee, what a stroke of genius. 

I think the primary driver of policy should be hospital occupancy,

liars will manipulate statistics to support whatever they want to support.

In the real world it's important to try to keep the rate of infection low enough that we don't overwhelm the hospitals.

3 mins ago, Mummichog said:

Liberals can point to the UK doing better than we are because of their lower death count.

unthinking liberals..

well, ok... liberals

The UK on a per head basis already has 2x the deaths we do.

Before improving their counting I mean

9 hours ago, TFLT said:

I wonder when we are going to go back and revise our numbers. Politics and money prevent truth.

When hospitals stop getting 30k a pop for those who are claimed to have died from covid-19.

8 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

In the real world it's important to try to keep the rate of infection low enough that we don't overwhelm the hospitals.

My hospital is currently overwhelmed. Guess what? Has nothing to do with covid-19.

We are finally just getting back to pre-covid numbers.

Just now, FishinMortician said:

Be pretty silly lying in bed dying from some old boring thing when an exciting death from covid is just a simple declaration away.

Sadly, it was a reality. Fear makes people do some very illogical things.

Plenty of people did chose to die or let their health deteriorate to near death this past Spring rather then go to the hospitals.

It got so bad that there were eventually PSAs telling people it was safe to go to the ED if they needed to be seen.

2 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Sadly, it was a reality. Fear makes people do some very illogical things.

Plenty of people did chose to die or let their health deteriorate to near death this past Spring rather then go to the hospitals.

It got so bad that there were eventually PSAs telling people it was safe to go to the ED if they needed to be seen.

I heard someone saying yesterday that there have been more deaths due to the shutdown than due to the virus. Which makes perfect sense to me. When the government panics the little people, a certain percentage will always panic too far.

3 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

I heard someone saying yesterday that there have been more deaths due to the shutdown than due to the virus. Which makes perfect sense to me. When the government panics the little people, a certain percentage will always panic too far.

I have heard more then a few people say things along similar lines.

19 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

^^^^That has been done 3 months ago and continues.^^^^ Remember "flatten the curve"?

Why does a Trump hating, duffus like you know that and MSM keeps pushing the fear mongering? 

6 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

Why does a Trump hating, duffus like you know that and MSM keeps pushing the fear mongering? 

Narrative

8 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

^^^^That has been done 3 months ago and continues.^^^^ Remember "flatten the curve"?

#FATTENTHECURVE