cec127

Marsh Creek Spill

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Still somewhat under the radar but there was a pipeline spill at marsh creek. It is a real shame. Hopefully the spill was not to toxic and there won't be much of a fish kill. Marsh is a pretty stained lake as it is from all the weeds and the weed kill each summer. Looks like the spill was on the main part of the lake to the right of the kayak rental. Anyone been to Marsh this week after the spill? Curious the lake conditions. In pictures it appears to be somewhat contained to a small area. Also curious what the state plans to due as a clean up. 

There was a kayak protest. I was told there were over a hundred boats protesting to stop the diagonal drilling.

Both my sister and a close family friend live next to the lake. The underground aquifer has also been polluted as well. People have been speaking out about there wells being contaminated. Of course you dont see that in the news ether.

On 9/12/2020 at 1:53 AM, jmlandru said:

Any update?

They were completely shut down and have to move the path of the pipeline. The spill happened behind a friends house. He said there was some sort of cleanup effort. But, what it did to the lake and fish. I haven't hear anything.

I went out yesterday afternoon for musky. Lake was pretty quiet. Didn't see many signs of fish and not many people out. Water is very stained. Definitely the weeds dying not sure if the mud from the spill is also factoring in but only about 2 feet of visibility.