SallyGrowler

Bond Arms derringer style?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

The name Derringer brings up the idea of a small vest pocket gun from back in the day , These are far from small , kind of a novelty gun with the other barrels / calibers you can get , But if you put side by side to a S&W J-frame the Smith is a lot smaller and a 5 shot rather then 2 , In the big calibers they are uncomfortable to shoot unless it's been down loaded , I would look elsewhere if you want a self defense gun but if it's just a for fun gun than go for it 

28 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

A pocket gun w/out trigger guard is a bit intimidating.

I'd probably shoot my junk off

I carry a 10 shot 9mm in my pocket and it's not noticeable. It weighs under 18 oz unloaded and about 24 oz loaded with 10 rounds.

42 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

A pocket gun w/out trigger guard is a bit intimidating.

I'd probably shoot my junk off

oh no!! you don't carry that cocked and locked.  however the safety blocks the hammer from the pin.  

Used to sell them. Very well built. Heavy and you can get ones in a variety of calibers. Still......kinda gimmicky. Rather carry a micro 9mm of some sort personally. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

19 hours ago, SallyGrowler said:

I have plenty of defence guns, but here in miami i need something to fit into a speedo lol

Lcp & a kydex holster with a simple belt clip.  I wear mine with a bathing suit all the time.  

I wet wade with my Keltec P3AT.  

If I am going to carry something the weight of the Bond Arms. It's going to have more than 2 shots.   

The only Bond I would consider is the 410 model if I lived somewhere snakey. 

Eta.  Friend of mine had a Bond in 357mag.  It was hard to shoot. Mainly cause the trigger was extremely heavy.  This was roughly 20years ago, but I remember using a finger from each hand to pull the trigger. 

Edited by PSegnatelli