valentine

Holidays 2020

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Was in a local supermarket the other day and saw that they’ve already rolled out the Halloween merchandise.

It got me to thinking that the Holiday Season really isn’t all that far away and then I started wondering what our actual Holidays are going to be like this year.

For me, the Holidays are all about getting together and spending time with the most important people in the world; family.

2020 is unlike any year I’ve ever experienced.

So much has changed regarding the way we interact with one another.

So many things have been cancelled.

Still so much uncertainty.

I can’t imagine a family get together with everyone wearing masks but we’ve already had family members who had COVID 19 and I can’t risk exposing our remaining elderly family members to large gatherings.

Still, I don’t want our seniors to feel isolated during what’s supposed to be one of the happiest times of the year.

What to do? What to do?

Edited by valentine

I'm not sure how the holidays will pan out. I have young kids and we love Halloween. Fall soccer season starts next week. The club was really good all summer and no one got sick. Now when we start playing other teams lets see what happens. Fall sports should be a good indicator of where things are going. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around we will all know whats up. Thanksgiving at home with the wife, kids and doggo sounds fine by me. 

20 mins ago, Lucky said:

I'm not sure how the holidays will pan out. I have young kids and we love Halloween. Fall soccer season starts next week. The club was really good all summer and no one got sick. Now when we start playing other teams lets see what happens. Fall sports should be a good indicator of where things are going. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around we will all know whats up. Thanksgiving at home with the wife, kids and doggo sounds fine by me. 

Wifey loves Halloween.

We were talking about the prospect of not having trick or treaters this year and it was crushing to her.

I won’t approach Thanksgiving and Christmas plans, yet, because I want to remain hopeful that we’ll find a way to get together with our extended family.

Lets all channel our energy and hope for an effective vaccine and treatment for everyone who wants/needs it.

No matter what happens, in 33 days I start the countdown. :wee:

I get my Thanksgiving Turkey from my brother who raises them from chicks. In the past we always get one that weighs around 28 pounds for eight of us and some leftovers. This year I asked my brother to get two for us. One around that 28 mark and a second around 12 to 14 in case it's just the two of us. 

15 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

No matter what happens, in 33 days I start the countdown. :wee:

I get my Thanksgiving Turkey from my brother who raises them from chicks. In the past we always get one that weighs around 28 pounds for eight of us and some leftovers. This year I asked my brother to get two for us. One around that 28 mark and a second around 12 to 14 in case it's just the two of us. 

Looking forward to the countdown.

We’ll have a big bird even if it’s just the two of us.

Wouldn't be a proper Thanksgiving without excessive quantities of everything, LOL.

I was recently thinking the same thing Val, we host my wife's family (20+) every Thanksgiving but this year is out. Just gotta ride this out til a decent vaccine is available and we can return to a somewhat normal life again.

We've been getting together with family all along....

Easter, birthdays, a graduation party..

Dont see that changing for the holidays...