Ginzo2323

Wood type,grain and color for different lures

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I have been here searching to find examples of  types of wood there color and grains for each lure. Was unable to see any. Any photos of those examples in raw form before the lure is made and after the lure was turned.A explanation would be awesome with each block of wood. Sorry if asking a lot but help would be great to understand type of wood grain and colors. Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

redwood...red cedar...black walnut...cherry....tiger maple...zebra wood..birds eye maple...rose wood to name just a few...you can run through ebay and see pictures of different woods for color an grains.

Edited by capesams
info.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I guess what I’m asking and should of been more clear is there a better wood and grain then another for example a metal lip, pencil popper or a popper. Is a AYC darker in color heavier then one that is lighter in color. Would that be same for any wood also popular. I should of been more clear.

Edited by Ginzo2323

it's a shame how hundreds of old exterior wood doors have been thrown out..if people only know a lot were made of solid sugar pine...stan gibbs made most of his plugs from it when it didn't cost an arm an leg like today.