plumbers question

Rate this topic

coolhandfluke

my dishwasher/kitchen sink have there own drain.   my wife kept telling me she sees water on the floor in the basement. i couldnt figure out where it was coming from.

all pipes were dry. finally i dumped a bucket of water in the sink and come to find the water was backing up in the drain and going up into the vent tube, then coming back down into the basement.

i dumped a bottle of draino in it and ran hot water through it and it cleared.  i dont have a garbage disposal. there is a screen in the dishwasher drain and sink, what would cause the drain pipe to clog ?

i am guessing it was at the elbow where it turns to go out side the wall.  no trees in the vicinity to have roots growing through it.   i no longer have cesspools for the last 20 years 

Fish come and go, but memories of fishing with family last forever.

Check the the highest part of your roof, then jump. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

3 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

my dishwasher/kitchen sink have there own drain.   my wife kept telling me she sees water on the floor in the basement. i couldnt figure out where it was coming from.

all pipes were dry. finally i dumped a bucket of water in the sink and come to find the water was backing up in the drain and going up into the vent tube, then coming back down into the basement.

i dumped a bottle of draino in it and ran hot water through it and it cleared.  i dont have a garbage disposal. there is a screen in the dishwasher drain and sink, what would cause the drain pipe to clog ?

i am guessing it was at the elbow where it turns to go out side the wall.  no trees in the vicinity to have roots growing through it.   i no longer have cesspools for the last 20 years 

grease

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

25 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

Check the the highest part of your roof, then jump. 

i knew you would be first to answer with your silliness.    thanks.:howdy:

i would expect nothing else from you

Edited by coolhandfluke

Call Roto Rooter. Srsly

"Lucky" is a fictional character on the interwebs. Nothing "Lucky" says or does can be or should be construed as a real thought by an actual person. Objects in your rear view mirror may appear to be closer than they actually are.

20 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

No way, those ****s charge like $400 to clear a drain. Go spend $100 on a Ryobi powered drain auger. Problem solved.

if it gets that paid i have a friend with something like that as he has root problems.

i am thinking RED was right with grease.

Normally in mass us plumbers waste the dishwasher into a wye tail piece off the kitchen basket strainer. If a garbage disposal is under the sink in lieu of the wye fitting there should be a knock out on the disposal for the DW waste line.  

Need a picture of the connection where the water is coming out. You can do an indirect waste with your dish washer into a trap, just like a laundry tray and hose.  

Edited by The Riddler