amh

Reel Pairing for 7’6” Rod

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Recently bought a 7’6” MH tsunami carbon shield II rod (1/4-1oz) for bay fishing. I threw an old spinfisher v 4500 on that, but the reel is falling apart so I’m on the market for a new one. Any suggestions for new reels under 200? I was looking at the quantum cabos, which seemed nice, and was -also wondering whether a 40 or 50 would balance better.

5 hours ago, milo said:

Diawa bg3000, great little reel and under $100

:agree:

Tough to beat price wise. If you wanna step up from there, you'd need to spend way more. I wouldn't consider anything between the BG and new stradic. The Stradic FL 5000 will get you a faster retrieve rate, more line capacity, and smoothness like you read about. The downside is that it costs at least twice as much.

On 8/12/2020 at 0:02 AM, amh said:

Recently bought a 7’6” MH tsunami carbon shield II rod (1/4-1oz) for bay fishing. I threw an old spinfisher v 4500 on that, but the reel is falling apart so I’m on the market for a new one. Any suggestions for new reels under 200? I was looking at the quantum cabos, which seemed nice, and was -also wondering whether a 40 or 50 would balance better.

I'd go for a Stradic FK 3000, if you're going to keep it relatively dry.  They're sitting at 199.99 last I checked.

I fished the same rod with a 4000 Penn Clash earlier in the summer. It was pretty great for fishing in the bays - fluke, stripers, blues - and you can get them cheap now since they came out with the Clash II this year. I just bought a Tsunami Evict 3000 to match the rod, heard some good things about them and am excited to break it in. Both reels are under $200.

On 8/12/2020 at 5:43 AM, milo said:

Diawa bg3000, great little reel and under $100

I went with the 3500.......

Great reel !!!