milo

Merrimack river

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Going to Hooksett NH, in a couple of weeks with the wife.And the place is right on the Merrimack. Was planning on bringing a couple of 7 ft rods, just for something to do when I wake up at 4-5 and wife is still sleeping. Are there and stripers that far up, or what can I catch that far up. Not looking for any spots ,I won’t be leaving the backyard to fish. Just want to know which lures you bring up. Thanks, pm if you don’t want any pressure on your territory

3 hours ago, milo said:

Lol Thanks, so I would need a fw license to fish it I presume

Yup

Posted (edited) · Report post

Is the water there clean for swimming or should I head further north for that. Was planning on doing a river float with the wife for a day , anything like that close by or head up to Saco. Are there any nice lakes nearby , thanks

Edited by milo

I was on it yesterday afternoon in Hooksett doing some motor tuning. As stated already, with the dams, low chance at finding a striper. There were other boats out tubing and people were swimming. You should be fine swimming. The City of Manchester does weekly water quality tests that you can research online.

For a river trip head up to campton there are outfitters up there that will set u up for a trip on the pemi which basically the Merrimack, as long as there is enough flow with the lack of rain we have had