Cerealkilla43

Beef liver for bait?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I used chicken liver and gizzard, caught me Catfish, cod, n some unknow species off the surf.

Try it, give it a go n let us know what u catch.

I’ll bet it would work for catfish, also for crab if you wrapped in in some of your wife’s old nylons, and put it in a trap. Otherwise the crabs would tear it to shreds. 

I soak my Pilchard with chicken liver blood instead of fish oil. Caught me plenty Bonito, Mullaway n Snapper as well. 

So, never try never know. I bet the fish everydays eat the same species for foods they might get bored as well like us human. Once in a while try different things no harm. I wont eat fish n chips everydays, would you? Lol.......

It’s a tried and true bait for freshwater cats. Supposedly stays on the hook better than chicken liver too. Not sure about the surf but certainly would be an interesting experiment. 

14 hours ago, Good2Go said:

I’ll bet it would work for catfish, also for crab if you wrapped in in some of your wife’s old nylons, and put it in a trap. Otherwise the crabs would tear it to shreds. 

I use cotton gauze. Either sheet and tie it up like a hobo bindle or tube and knot the ends.  

Atleast it will biodegrade if it breaks of.   Nylons, not so much

3 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

I use cotton gauze. Either sheet and tie it up like a hobo bindle or tube and knot the ends.  

Atleast it will biodegrade if it breaks of.   Nylons, not so much

Good point. Maybe use cheese cloth instead.