redfishkiller

underpinning question,

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

my mobile mansion has this fancy stuff around  it, its not really wet under there but its waaaay humid, im still fighting waterbugs, i see 2 or 3 a week that are alive and some more dead ones that crawl out in the middle of the floor and die before i get home , i figure its warm and damp under there, they have to be coming from under there, 

was thinking about removing it and putting lattice around it or that cheep tacky rail stuff

do you think it will help with the critters?

20200811_091424.jpg

1 min ago, redfishkiller said:

my mobile mansion has this fancy stuff around  it, its not really wet under there but its waaaay humid, im still fighting waterbugs, i see 2 or 3 a week that are alive and some more dead ones that crawl out in the middle of the floor and die before i get home , i figure its warm and damp under there, they have to be coming from under there, 

was thinking about removing it and putting lattice around it or that cheep tacky rail stuff

20200811_091424.jpg

How about a fan with louvers to keep it aired out?

1 min ago, richie c said:

How about a fan with louvers to keep it aired out?

I thought about that too

the stuff is in bad shape though,  alot of cracks and small holes, its pvc I think and getting really brittle 

2 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

I thought about that too

the stuff is in bad shape though,  alot of cracks and small holes, its pvc I think and getting really brittle 

Rip up some 5/4 decking and use it to keep the lattice rigid, picture frame it use some 11/2 decking screws to secure it

2 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Get rid of it an put lattice. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would put down a moisture barrier under the home, then use actual mobile home vinyl skirting.

Edited by woowoo2

15 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

I would put down a moisture barrier under the home, then use actual mobile home vinyl skirting.

that is actually mobile home skirting , I think its dark and thats were the bastids are growing (water bugs)

1 hour ago, redfishkiller said:

20200811_091424.jpg

Can you do us a favor and draw circles and arrows pointing out the "fancy stuff"? Thanks in advance. 

31 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

the dick head that set the house up  was supposed to put down a vapor barrier...

Well.... Did he?

That's your problem.

33 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

the dick head that set the house up  was supposed to put down a vapor barrier...

You need a new barrier on the mobile's underside. Pull the current skirting and replace it with the same stuff but no perf. Then put in a fan vent. Is the site level sand ?  Wear a protection suit and gloves. Them brown recluses lurv the underside of mobiles.