Shock Collar

Reel Recommendation

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I recently got the Amazon Credit Card and it came with a $100 credit. I am looking for a reel in the 2500-3000 size range, not exactly sure what rod I am going to pair it with. But I have a few 7' & 7'6" options (7' Tsunami Carbon Shield II Medium and 7' Airwave Coastal MH). Will be looking to use for inshore fishing in Jersey and in the Chesapeake. Any help is appreciated.

Can't beat the Daiwa BG right now. The Penn Battle III looks pretty nice too. If you want to spend a little more, a Spinfisher VI would be great.

51 mins ago, ASrod said:

Can't beat the Daiwa BG right now. The Penn Battle III looks pretty nice too. If you want to spend a little more, a Spinfisher VI would be great.

Darn, looks like Spinfisher 2500 will take over a month get shipped from Amazon

Just now, Shock Collar said:

Darn, looks like Spinfisher 2500 will take over a month get shipped from Amazon

My friend has a Daiwa Saltist Back Bay, amazing little reel for $200 if you can shoot for that.

19 mins ago, ASrod said:

My friend has a Daiwa Saltist Back Bay, amazing little reel for $200 if you can shoot for that.

I've heard some great things about them, I think that may be the reel I get next summer. Any huge difference/harm in going with a 3500 Spinfisher instead of 2500 on a 7' M or MH rod?

13 mins ago, Shock Collar said:

I've heard some great things about them, I think that may be the reel I get next summer. Any huge difference/harm in going with a 3500 Spinfisher instead of 2500 on a 7' M or MH rod?

I use a 4500 size on a 7 footer personally. You’ll be fine.

3 mins ago, CrappieAttitude said:

Tsunami Evict is a nice reel as well

I have a 3000 Evict, had to get it replaced after 2nd day using it. Hoping the original was just a dud.

12 mins ago, CrappieAttitude said:

Sorry to hear it - mine has held up well with some hard use down in Florida - good luck with your search

So far (knock on wood) it seems way better and smoother. Big fan of Tsunami, and their customer service was incredible when I reached out to them.

Saltist back bay 3000 for 150 up.  Around 100. Im liking the spheros inshore.... waiting for a few battle III reviews before I pull the trigger on a 2500.