fishn333

Wanna good laugh ?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Facebook has been showing adds for a Stella reel for pennies on a dollar . Granted I knew they would be cheap China knock offs , but I was in the market for cheap fresh water reels for my spare/rental rods so figured why not.  Well here is a pics of what I bought and what I got lol

57F21772-9D00-45A4-B4F4-40FF0D7A650B.jpeg

32394AAD-4A9E-4994-AB05-64A954584AA3.jpeg

27667036-B226-4542-9198-F94508A26918.jpeg

I was wondering about those.  I am a little bit surprised facebook allows all of those fake adds as much as everyone is jumping on the censorship ship.  I was kinda hoping the knockoffs would look a bit more realistic.  Those are sad.....

I wonder what those 15$ muck boots look like. 

Faceplant wanted to get in on all that illicit money that Craigsface has been raking in from rubes for decades.

Maybe have them "bronzed" on a pedestal with the caption "The ones that SHOULD have gotten away!" 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, fishn333 said:

I just seen an add for a penn torque under $100 . It’s somebody else’s turn let me know what you get 

You will not find too many stupid who fall for these kind of deals..

Edited by levari

1 hour ago, levari said:

You will not find too many stupid who fall for these kind of deals..

While that sentiment is, on the averages, certainly fitting,  it is also true that I bought a Penn battle II for $49, a Slammer III for $125, and a Baitrunner 6500B for $35.

All real, and all BNIB.

Sometimes there are actually deals to be had.  

It is a lot scarier then that. I ordered a gasket granted I know how to make my own but this looked preformed for exactly the outboard motor I was working on. I thought it would be easy. The chinese supplier a major well known parts manufacturer sent me a kids toy like from a bubble gum machine. I contacted them and they were not willing to make things right. It was not a lot of money. Basically they said they gave me something of equal value. Lesson learned. Now I hear people are getting seeds in the mail.