Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oax

2 Piece Lami GSB Rods?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Thinking of trying a factory 2 piece GSB-10MS.  Have seen some info on the 9’2” skinner but basically nothing on the other 2 piece rods in this series.  If anyone's been fishing a 2 piece GSB, would much appreciate your thoughts on how it’s performed.  Thanks much…

Over 100 views and no replies, surprised nobody’s using a newer 2 pc Lami.  Had a couple of the surf and jetty series 2 pc rods years ago and they were decent, was hoping to hear the new ones might be even better.  Looks like I’ll be sticking with St. Croix after all.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have one and I think its great . Its the gsb 101 ms 2-5. I belive. Super light casts great and the build quality is there. Great all around rod . 

Edited by Jim McFeeley

Hey Jim, appreciate the feedback. Good to hear you're satsfied with the current factory offering. They've basically doubled in price since I last bought one back around 2007 so I would hope/expect the components and build quality justify this. 

I purchased an 11 foot GSB 2 pc in the spring and I love it. It was planned for bait fishing but I have used it for casting tins and bucktails. I am an old fart but find the setup very comfortable.  I purchased a 2pc  50% split for travel but notice little difference compared to my 1pc rods. 

I have a 2pc 11 ft Lami GSB 11' Medium 2-5 oz.   Absolutely love it.  Works fine - I too notice little difference between the 2 pc and 1 pc.