FEW3

10cc

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, FEW3 said:

Im not sure why I listen to their songs, but they are master lyricists. Better than BJ Thomas. 

Blow Job Thomas must be pretty talented to get his point across with his mouth full.

Edited by Slack Tidings

7 hours ago, FEW3 said:

Im not sure why I listen to their songs, but they are master lyricists. Better than BJ Thomas. 

You are in refined company, sir.  SiM applauds you.

You know a band from that era that was really, really great? The New York Dolls. I listened to them in high school, but never really grokked them, but hearing them again as a middle-aged dude has been pretty eye-opening. 

It's no wonder they didn't catch on in 1973: five straight dudes who dressed in women's clothing and could barely play when they started. But their stuff has held up very, very well. And it beats the **** out of the godawful prog rock and even worse "soft rock" that dominated radio at the time. 

Man, was Johnny Thunders good. 

18 mins ago, cheech said:

Know what their name means? 10cc is the average amount of  male ‘pearl jam’.

10 cc? That’s a real roper! 

And here I am, a dummy, thinking that life was a bowl of cioppino. :shrug:

And, for the record: good lord, does this suck. Suck. The only rational explanation for the success of this dreck is the amount of recreational drugs people did in the 1970s. 

I didn't think this was humanly possible, but this piece of elephant dung makes Rick Wakeman sound good. :dismay:

1 min ago, Tom T said:

Today I realized the Feeling Hot Hot Hot guy was in the NY Dolls.

He was also Looney in the degenerate classic Let It Ride. 

The layers of degeneracy in that movie are thick. Take a look at this scene: the guy talking to Buster Poindextrer at 1:30 is Joseph Walsh, who wrote the screenplay for California Split, which is probably the best film about gambling ever made. The bartender is Edward Walsh, his brother, who was also in the movie (he was great as Lou, the kind of sweetheart who's in every poker room). It's one of the most authentic movies about gamblers ever made: anyone who has ever spent time in a horse racing bar will see that this is a very accurate depiction of the milieu in them places. 

Johansen was great in this movie, the kind of gambler (we all know one :D) who can get fed the best kind of inside tip -- and still lose! 

30 mins ago, cheech said:

Know what their name means? 10cc is the average amount of  male ‘pearl jam’.

This is a myth....

27 mins ago, Tom T said:

You are in refined company, sir.  SiM applauds you.

You bet

26 mins ago, Belmo said:

10cc is for people who think Seals & Crofts are too loud.

Not at all. You can't go by their hits, which I admit, were all flaky, you need to hear the other stuff. They are very under-rated.

And that is just skimming the surface.