Builders, home repair

Rate this topic

iphish

15 hours ago, iphish said:

Builders or contractors.....This is the worse angle of one footings for a deck beam about 1foot off the ground. Is this a big deal?

You don't have tell me what' s in photo. I just want to know if this a problem, besides the aesthetics 

IMG_20200810_204812_01.jpg

Probably looks worse than it is. If it's a full 48" footing it's likely to be ok.

How close, on each side, is the next point of support and what are they?

If the joist that runs left from there attaches to a ledger board, that'd be best. It will prevent it from pushing left. If it runs left to another free standing corner, not as good. In that case you could dig down along the left of the footing, drop in a tube with one quarter or one third cut out of the side, position the cut open side against that tube and fill it with concrete. Probably overkill but will stop any movement to the left.

Edited by Mike

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

2 mins ago, cleatis said:

I put the soap dish off 1/4” in the shower.  I see it everyday.  Steams my onions. 

I got two of the boards on my counter top backwards where I run the corner together, drove me nuts , my wife put a little lamp over it and told me to shut the **** up and not touch the lamp lol

I can't see it but I know its there 

under the lamp,

lurking....

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

6 mins ago, MadWader said:

Pour more concrete around the sonotube 

Just make sure your not making a mushroom top dig it the whole way down or a hard freeze will raise that sucker 6 inches. I've seen it before.it happens when people just dig a hole and not use the sono tube.

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Ben would not approve. 

He even pisses up ropes true and straight :th:

3 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Nor should he. 

Let’s see what the inspector thinks...hopefully it’s Ray Charles. I’ve got a nickel says it fails inspection, if it’s getting one