IslandSurf

Van Staal Spools Or?

9 posts in this topic

I’d say that they are the non-sealed Van Staal spools. Top looks like mine but my reel is from 1st run of 300 so bottom is different.

30 mins ago, Clbay1971 said:

I’d say that they are the non-sealed Van Staal spools. Top looks like mine but my reel is from 1st run of 300 so bottom is different.

Thanks for the info..

No problem, I do have another non sealed VS that I could look at if you wanted to be sure. I’m sure that they are VS spool! What did you do with the bodies? Two extra spools is not the normal,one is unheard of.

1 min ago, Clbay1971 said:

No problem, I do have another non sealed VS that I could look at if you wanted to be sure. I’m sure that they are VS spool! What did you do with the bodies? Two extra spools is not the normal,one is unheard of.

Picked them up last year at a sale.I have a VS 250 Early Model but not first run my spool is slightly diffrent on the bottom then the ones pictured.

Here’s my 200 looks like the bottom bushing on your spools are two small. The end of the reel clicker almost touches the bushing on my reels.image.jpg.52207758d0c6ab31d5275e5475aeb67a.jpg

12 hours ago, Clbay1971 said:

I carried two spare spools on my person at all times when fishing and likely owned well over 30-40 spare spools. Two is certainly not unusual in my opinion

I keep forgetting all the time that you’re fishing the ocean and different line weights could get you out were the fish are. I’m stuck on lakes and basically know what I’m going to catch or what’s in the lake. I go to Florida and fish the beach in winter and always catch a different fish then what I’m targeting. Now I let the ocean decide what I’m going to catch.