punkroktownie

Fish don't like me anymore?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

It's been a real struggle in the Saco area lately. I've tried many spots between Biddeford and Portland lately, and they've just seemed to disappear. I'm watching daylight,tides and weather and trying to pick wisely, but nothing. What's the deal?

-Rick, the inadvertent shore fisherman.

I'm still catching a few, but micros.   This is what got me today.   I went down to Surfland to get some fresh mackerel.   They had gotten a boatload yesterday.    The mackerel were bigger than the stripers I've been catching.   

3 hours ago, MartyK said:

I'm still catching a few, but micros.   This is what got me today.   I went down to Surfland to get some fresh mackerel.   They had gotten a boatload yesterday.    The mackerel were bigger than the stripers I've been catching.   

Yeah, not sure what is happening.  Last trip, half the fish I got were under 12".  Only a few were over 22".  

8 hours ago, Scott Charlton said:

Yeah, not sure what is happening.  Last trip, half the fish I got were under 12".  Only a few were over 22".  

Sounds like the 70's movie "Wild in The Streets".

Been picking up pretty good for stripers in southern NE the past week. The huge amount of micro bait is now atttracting macks and bass. Hopefully it spreads north.

4 hours ago, bdowning said:

Been picking up pretty good for stripers in southern NE the past week. The huge amount of micro bait is now atttracting macks and bass. Hopefully it spreads north.

Definitely saw the micro bait move in this week,  been doing well topwater at sunset in the flats, a lot of small bait slurping going on.  

Jim