BrianC86

What beaches can I go to at 6am?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I don’t get to fish the ocean side of things very often and I do not have 4x4 access, what beaches can I go to early in the morning? I know Smith Point doesn’t open till 7am and the Night Fishing parking is only good till 6am. I am totally unfamiliar with other beaches. Where the hell do I go if I want to fish early mornings?

Lots of places in the south shore. Find a beach with a parking lot. 6 am is a good time before they start charging and it’s day light so you will be ok to park. 

Was just gna say--- pretty much every beach on the south shore. And best part is you'll beat the kids collecting fees!!

51 mins ago, RyanJ_88 said:

Was just gna say--- pretty much every beach on the south shore. And best part is you'll beat the kids collecting fees!!

Yea I just wasn’t sure with the pandemic what the hell is going on, as Smith Point is my usual place to hit the beach by car, they won’t open the lot till  7am... just wasn’t sure if every other ocean beach was the same. Glad I got it cleared up, hit RM for a couple hours on the way home from work. Couple of nibble but couldn’t get anything to stick... but it beats the hell out of the 16 hour overnights I’ve been doing.

21 hours ago, BrianC86 said:

Yea I just wasn’t sure with the pandemic what the hell is going on, as Smith Point is my usual place to hit the beach by car, they won’t open the lot till  7am... just wasn’t sure if every other ocean beach was the same. Glad I got it cleared up, hit RM for a couple hours on the way home from work. Couple of nibble but couldn’t get anything to stick... but it beats the hell out of the 16 hour overnights I’ve been doing.

Glad you got out there, days have been slower than usual after the storm but I guess thats to be expected. RM, Jones, Shinnecock those are all good-- try the inlets/jetties too. Good luck!!