John P

Time to talk about ALBIES?

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

26 mins ago, NPV said:

Got Albies this weekend inshore, earliest I've ever ran into them for sure. Should blow open this weekend.

I knew I was saving some vacation time for a reason. 

I’ll be down there next weekend for close to 10 days.   Can’t wait.  Save some Albies for me.   

I was hoping to do an overnight bass trip on Thursday night with young son but weather not looking great.   Plan was fish early AM for a few hours on the high tide and then stick around for few hours hours after first light.   

I have a feeling they'll only help.

Some rain should flush bait and it seems to me the worse the weather for boating the better they chew.

My $0.02 anyway.

May try to get there next week with a buddy....fingers crossed!

The last two years I saw but couldn’t hook up on Albies on horrible weather days. Heavy rain, wind and heavy chop they jumped all over happily feeding. 

^^^^ Nice job, we zeroed yesterday looking for Albies. We did not make the run to RI but covered a lot of ground and did not see a single one.

I hit 6 popular shore spots in ri yesterday  and everyone I talked to hadn't seen a single albie 

Huge difference than late last week where fishing was phenomenal

Hoping they just pushed down  and didn't totally disappear

Same for me, tried a few shores spots early AM in eastern CT this weekend and found nothing but snappers. Tiny bait everywhere, like an albie buffet just no albies.

4 hours ago, nateD said:

Same for me, tried a few shores spots early AM in eastern CT this weekend and found nothing but snappers. Tiny bait everywhere, like an albie buffet just no albies.

I found the right shore spot in Eastern CT today I guess, hundreds of birds working bait at the end of the incoming and the first push of fish close to shore were Spanish and Bonito, landed two of each.

I stuck around until the tide swing around and some decent gators showed up in giant schools. Caught a few dozen and I left them biting since all I had left to throw were epoxies and they were chewing right through my 40 lb leaders and would have sacrificed too many jigs.

Spotted a seal too, I was surprised the Blues were in so thick with one of those around but it seemed content chewing on the bait well away from the blitzes.

When the blitz moved well off shore for a while I decided to grab my bag and get a video of the bird action. Zoomed in to get a screenshot.

6E072EBB-1762-437A-AC49-EDE2D10C57CA.png

3 mins ago, Sir Defyable said:

I found the right shore spot in Eastern CT today I guess, hundreds of birds working bait at the end of the incoming and the first push of fish close to shore were Spanish and Bonito, landed two of each.

I stuck around until the tide swing around and some decent gators showed up in giant schools. Caught a few dozen and I left them biting since all I had left to throw were epoxies and they were chewing right through my 40 lb leaders and would have sacrificed too many jigs.

Spotted a seal too, I was surprised the Blues were in so thick with one of those around but it seemed content chewing on the bait well away from the blitzes.

When the blitz moved well off shore for a while I decided to grab my bag and get a video of the bird action. Zoomed in to get a screenshot.

I guess you did, what time of the day were you out there?