Flukeduke

Picky stripers

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Here's a question for the sharpies out there. 

Went fishing tonight, the weather was absolutely beautiful out middle of the incoming and fish busting everywhere on what looked like 2-3" shiners. 

Got 1 hookup on top water and a teaser, fish spit it at my feet, didn't see which lure he ate. 

My question is I must have throw a thousand casts for that 1 hookup and everything in my bag.  What could I have been doing wrong or what can I do right to get these fish to eat my lure? Tricks, suggestions, lure, any tips are well appreciated.  

Looked like fish our not keyed in.  This is when you stop casting and start observing what the bass our doing.  Not enough info given but most likely the bass our just opening there mouths and swimming through the bait schools.  Just another way bass feed. Sounds what we call a spearing bite.  Few ways to fish it.  But no tip from me will help you as these conditions will change faster then me writing on this post.

22 hours ago, Flukeduke said:

Here's a question for the sharpies out there. 

Went fishing tonight, the weather was absolutely beautiful out middle of the incoming and fish busting everywhere on what looked like 2-3" shiners. 

Got 1 hookup on top water and a teaser, fish spit it at my feet, didn't see which lure he ate. 

My question is I must have throw a thousand casts for that 1 hookup and everything in my bag.  What could I have been doing wrong or what can I do right to get these fish to eat my lure? Tricks, suggestions, lure, any tips are well appreciated.  

Sometimes it helps to put something edible on a lure, like eelskin on a jig or live seaworm trailing a plug.

Thats why they sell porkrind trailers.

Give them something that tastes better than stainless steel.