jettyjmpr

Is the lack of available tackle anywhere scaring anybody else

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Idk if anyone else wrote about this yet....hoping this is just a fad but you can not buy quality tackle anywhere.....reels are sold out across the usa and the internet...selection is boo....freaks me out that the beach is gonna be filled with even more peckerheads than normal this fall...hoping in a year when people realize they have no real interest in fishing that there will be used gear hitting the market....all i want to do is buy a new 4000 size reel and i cant...was bored 2 weeks ago so we hoofed it to cabelas....not a single spinning reel in stock...even the demos were gone...

20200725_145358.jpg

China has the world waiting for products of all different types, right now its focused on items that are more important than fishing tackle. Hopefully, we can get past this Covid business and in a few months return to normal. I've been waiting 3 months for a battery for my weed eater, blower and hedge trimmer. So much for doing away with gasoline operated products, down 1 battery and almost completely helpless. Tells me the gas units still have their place. Shame on me for not considering this possible problem. Years ago, we had a TV, Stereo, VCR Combo unit, if one of those components broke you were out the whole shooting match if it needed shop repairs.

Don't worry, you'll get to buy whatever you want in a few short months, or we will all be concerned about more alarming issues. Better days and nights are ahead.

8 mins ago, jettyjmpr said:

Idk if anyone else wrote about this yet....hoping this is just a fad but you can not buy quality tackle anywhere.....reels are sold out across the usa and the internet...selection is boo....freaks me out that the beach is gonna be filled with even more peckerheads than normal this fall...hoping in a year when people realize they have no real interest in fishing that there will be used gear hitting the market....all i want to do is buy a new 4000 size reel and i cant...was bored 2 weeks ago so we hoofed it to cabelas....not a single spinning reel in stock...even the demos were gone...

20200725_145358.jpg

The Cabelas near has looked like that since June. I just keep telling myself that by next year there’s going to a ton of nice used rods and reels on eBay/Craig’s list when all the “peckerheads” realize that catching 40’s and 50’s Isn’t as easy as YouTube makes it seem.

I thought it was tied to factories halting production due to covid. But yeah I agree I can’t wait to buy someone’s fully loaded skinner inspired kayak for half the price of a new one when they realize “ew gulp is stinky and there’s flies”

Been talking about it for weeks.

Demand is through the roof...

Supply chains took a hit awhile back.

So many shops are ordering everything they can get and others who snooze have empty shelf space.

I heard on major major brand will temporarily only be fullfilling Walmart orders.

Have you noticed the amount of basic things like 20 or 30lb braid disappearing and such..

18 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Been talking about it for weeks.

Demand is through the roof...

Supply chains took a hit awhile back.

So many shops are ordering everything they can get and others who snooze have empty shelf space.

I heard on major major brand will temporarily only be fullfilling Walmart orders.

Have you noticed the amount of basic things like 20 or 30lb braid disappearing and such..

Yea...terminal tackle is light as well...i went on to some main stream auction sites and nothing local....i can get a shimano shipped from poland or japan direct but leary about getting something incomplete or having trouble returning if the order is screwed up

On 8/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, jettyjmpr said:

20200725_145358.jpg

I was in there 2 weeks ago also.

Crazy times were living in, the fact that that store has no guns or ammo is also nuts.

As far as everyone wanting to be an outdoorsman all sudden. Is also something I've been commenting on since covid started. It's a passing fad I bet. But, still I've noticed way more people even in the more out of the way spots I frequent since April. Has frustrated me to say the least.

Atleast I've got enough tackle and ammo that I'll be good for a long time to come!!

I just keep using what I got ,even used a fluke ball from the sand,casting with some older reels and they work perfectly.....Will wait for the second hand resale

Not just fishing gear, it's everything. Never realized how much stuff comes from China, I was looking for skateboard wheels for the kid - usually $15 are now being sold on fleabay

for $100 or more. Maybe we should start making things in this country again?