Jim A.

Yellow dust from suffix super 8 line ?? All over my guides

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I changed to super 8.   Like it. Or. Liked it better then power pro.   Buy I’m getting caked up yellow line dust over the guides regularly,,, not sure this is right. .   . Any thoughts ?  Do,I have defective line ?

2 hours ago, foxfai said:

The fiber do rub off on the guides somewhat after 1-2 uses, they will be gone. No big deal

I wish they would just make braided line's without the dye. I only care about the strength of the line, the color can be nice and washed out for all I care. In fact I don't want any high vis line that can be easily seen underwater.

Yes.  This ridiculous it’s like chalk.    I’m actually going to take a picture and send it to suffix.  And it appears the strands are unwinding ..the power pro seem to have a coating ,, it appears the coating is just coming off. 

14 hours ago, Jim A. said:

I changed to super 8.   Like it. Or. Liked it better then power pro.   Buy I’m getting caked up yellow line dust over the guides regularly,,, not sure this is right. .   . Any thoughts ?  Do,I have defective line ?

I'm confused.

YOu changed to power pro super slick........liked it better than standard 4x power pro.......And you're getting yellow dust on the guides?

832 is old as heck...Power pro super slick is old as heck as is 4x power pro.

Many newer lines out have pigments / dyes / coatings/ etc.... that don't get all over the place.....you'll still may still get some...but it's not as bad..

I remember I had to use a solvent to get the red power pro stains out of a calcutta te dc.