bartlask

Single hooks for trebles

6 posts in this topic

Gang, 

I purchased three packs of Gamakatsu single hooks size 4,6,8 to replace some treble hooks on my rapalas. The problem is that the eye of the hooks are to small for the rapala hook swivel to fit thru! Can someone tell me what hooks they use to replace single for treble in those sizes.  BTW if someone from the group want the ones I purchased IM me and for $10 there yours cost me $15 thru cabelas.

56 mins ago, bartlask said:

Gang, 

I purchased three packs of Gamakatsu single hooks size 4,6,8 to replace some treble hooks on my rapalas. The problem is that the eye of the hooks are to small for the rapala hook swivel to fit thru! Can someone tell me what hooks they use to replace single for treble in those sizes.  BTW if someone from the group want the ones I purchased IM me and for $10 there yours cost me $15 thru cabelas.

USDM there is only one - Owner Single Replacement hooks. VMCs are crap. 

While you're at it, Decoy makes the best split rings - down to size 00. 

We replace the trebles on our crankbaits with trebles on our salmon and steelhead baits regularly, we have found a that a single hook two sizes larger than the treble is damn near the same weight and don't affect the action. We use open eye siwash hooks.