Bluetaildragger

Lamiglas production in Mexico

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

Lamiglas will begin producing blanks in Mexico, and these blanks should hit the market in 2021.  They will be labeled "Produced in North America".   Interesting move, after they started putting giant USA flags on their blanks about a year ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mountain fisher said:

Sounds factual if not necessarily enlightening. It is north of the equator after all.

For sure, didn’t mean it to sound like I thought they were being disingenuous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Haycreekrambler said:

Saw the email they sent out today as well. Wonder what surf rods they'll continue to manufacture in Washington?

Let’s hope the GSB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a time this country needs more jobs. This is sad. I was loyal for the domestic production. Does any one know if they took the PPP loans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the gsbs get moved to Mexico then they should become cheaper which would be great, I don’t think it makes a difference in quality if the same machines are being used here or there. As far as quality control goes that’s completely up to the company and how they monitor it. I don’t see how it makes a difference other then price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, FishNorthShore said:

If the gsbs get moved to Mexico then they should become cheaper which would be great, I don’t think it makes a difference in quality if the same machines are being used here or there. As far as quality control goes that’s completely up to the company and how they monitor it. I don’t see how it makes a difference other then price.

It matters to guys who want to preserve and support USA based businesses and jobs. It goes far beyond the quality of the product. Buy domestic, support Americans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

It matters to guys who want to preserve and support USA based businesses and jobs. It goes far beyond the quality of the product. Buy domestic, support Americans.

Which rod company is fully domestic? They’re just expanding, it’s simple business and any company that wants to grow exponentially has to take this step at some point. I appreciate them reaching out and disclosing that information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, FishNorthShore said:

Which rod company is fully domestic? They’re just expanding, it’s simple business and any company that wants to grow exponentially has to take this step at some point. I appreciate them reaching out and disclosing that information

I'm not sure there are any major 100% domestic rod companies at this point. I'll still try to buy made in America product's whenever possible. I do appreciate that Lami at least disclosed this kind of shift to the customer base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Sandbar1 said:

I'm not sure there are any major 100% domestic rod companies at this point. I'll still try to buy made in America product's whenever possible. I do appreciate that Lami at least disclosed this kind of shift to the customer base.

I do think it was an attempt to stay alive in a market that makes it difficult to stay 100% domestic. I also understand the support behind buying USA goods and agree. I guess I’m just trying to give the benefit of the doubt to a company that has given us a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like St. Croix, Lamiglas will be producing blanks and rods in Mexico to compete with the ODM and Blackhole. I would expect their top shelf products to be made in USA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.