Seasonal Lure Selection

Rate this topic

Joeny718

On 8/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, Joeny718 said:

Thanks for the info. What I’m trying to determine is does make a big difference matching lures to whatever bait Fish is in the water. Are fish striking lures mostly because of the action the lure produces or because they look like a particular bait fish at a certain time of year?

peanuts,  last sat, i put on a emperor minnow and was on every cast, while bombers didn't do squat. For my bro,s

I hide 2 of these in a side pouch,  they work amazing

I work them with various retrieves, and find how the fish want them.

Was a few 5 inch rips pause reel slow bam.

Also you need to feel the water and lure. When there is movement and work the lure in it, It could be letting it hang to slow retrieve to a rip and reel, you need to become 1 with the current and lure.

When you pull the lure to slower water, say off a sand bar  that had above methods.   You dont feel your lure and no steikes, reel faster until you feel movement,  along with this im doing small snaps of the rod and may pause, 

Try to zone  in.

If you know there there,  try various plugs untill you hook up.

And alway try a dead drift with a micro retrieve. 

Some  times they will only hit with lure tumbling in the wash. 

Metal lips are amazing when worked on top.  And you can swim and tune them to do what you  want , swimming  deep  or shallow.

Same methods as above.

If you like needles,  this is my favorite plug,  do a search i gave a ton of info on it.

One you apply the above to ALL Lures 

You will have the golden hand.

Remember to read the water and never walk by white shallow water. 

You will be amazed.....

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

38 mins ago, bassmaster said:

peanuts,  last sat, i put on a emperor minnow and was on every cast, while bombers didn't do squat. For my bro,s

I hide 2 of these in a side pouch,  they work amazing

I work them with various retrieves, and find how the fish want them.

Was a few 5 inch rips pause reel slow bam.

Also you need to feel the water and lure. When there is movement and work the lure in it, It could be letting it hang to slow retrieve to a rip and reel, you need to become 1 with the current and lure.

When you pull the lure to slower water, say off a sand bar  that had above methods.   You dont feel your lure and no steikes, reel faster until you feel movement,  along with this im doing small snaps of the rod and may pause, 

Try to zone  in.

If you know there there,  try various plugs untill you hook up.

And alway try a dead drift with a micro retrieve. 

Some  times they will only hit with lure tumbling in the wash. 

Metal lips are amazing when worked on top.  And you can swim and tune them to do what you  want , swimming  deep  or shallow.

Same methods as above.

If you like needles,  this is my favorite plug,  do a search i gave a ton of info on it.

One you apply the above to ALL Lures 

You will have the golden hand.

Remember to read the water and never walk by white shallow water. 

You will be amazed.....

Good info BM.

Thanks!