Dieseldog13

Aging is sucky!

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

The eyes and hands make it very tough to do simple, basic fishing operations such as tying lures on and connecting two lines. The hands do not have the feel they once did. When fishing ultra light fresh water, 4# line is near invisible and cannot feel it. Threading the eye of the hook, a joke. I can get the tasks done but it just takes longer to complete.

Now if I could just be able to open those dang plastic bags in the veg/fruit section of the grocery store. 
I am 73 and plan on fishing for many more years. Anyone else finding these simple tasks to be trying?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Aging may be "sucky", However, in my humble (potentially biased) opinion, it sure beats the alternative. :)

EDIT:

To open those daRn plastic bags, a sharp knife works wonders. :)

Edited by afishhunter

All my old customers tell me don’t get old. Beats the alternative, I’ll take getting old. But you are right soon as I hit 45ish, things started going down hill slowly. Cholesterol went up, body pain increased and last longer.  I’m looking forward to aging to be honest. 

Edited by Mark L

l know just how you feel gonna be 79 this year still walking the beaches and plugging away and making plugs l do a lot of dropsy and noting falls and just lay at your feet no it got to roll away and under the bench.

16 mins ago, afishhunter said:

Aging may be "sucky", However, in my humble (potentially biased) opinion, it sure beats the alternative. :)

I keep telling my 87 year old mom this.

Freekin readers everywhere i look, can't live w/o them. Reading anything close, Tying on #18/20 flies and blood knotting tippets is &^^%& no fun. Aches and pains lasting 4x as long as normal. It sure does beat the alternative. 

Watch Jumanji II, Danny Grover said the same thing lol.......

But he reverse his words at the end of the movie. Aging is fine, just have to adapt to the enviroment around us. 

For me, i am glad i am aging. 90% of the fishs caught at jetty, rock, surf or boat were all bring up to me by young anglers near me. May be they dont want me to break my bones hahahahahaha.......

It really does suck. Have to wear cheaters around my neck like grandpa, cause i can’t be more than two feet away from them. My back is so cranky and stiff, it takes me a half hour to get moving freely in the morning. Tripping over crap all the time, and tripped on the tread of a stair Wed. and went to put my hand down and fractured a bone in my thumb. Can’t help but think it’ll be a hip one of these days! :banghd:

Edited by Mack26