boostr

Speed/ Power Clips

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Anybody use them to to change out dressed hooks on Tin/ Metal lures? Instead of carrying multiple tins/ metals with different colored dressed hooks you can carry less and just swap out to a different colored dressed hook. Turn one lure into 2 or 3.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:45 PM, Heavy Hooksetter said:

I never have,,I just take 2 krockodiles one large and 1 larger.

easy enough for me.

you have any pix of what you do?

HH

I haven't done it just wondering if folks have. I gave it alot more thought, and pretty much came up with what you said.

I use clips to switch out slow pitch jigs and keep the hook/harness and its solid ring on the clip.  Backwards from what you're saying, but the same idea.

I hate those tactical angler style clips. I lost too many lures after they somehow unclipped themselves from the the lure while casting. I just use a snap swivel. 

23 hours ago, drumsfield said:

I hate those tactical angler style clips. I lost too many lures after they somehow unclipped themselves from the the lure while casting. I just use a snap swivel. 

Almost everyone I know (including myself) uses TA clips, and I have yet to encounter this issue.

I don't think a different colored dressed hook on a tin is going to make much of a difference. Or at least enough of a difference to warrant switching hooks out.