shaller

Short surf rod or long inshore rod?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I've found a glaring hole in my arsenal (or an excuse to buy more gear..). I'm looking to get something throw smaller/mid sized plugs in the back and around bridges. I need something to fit in-between b 7ft 6 M Avid inshore and 9ft 6 Tsunami airwave elite. Probably around 8ft 1/2-2oz preferably 1 piece. I already own a 8ft mojo surf but its really just used for tossing tins to to bluefish at inlets since it doesn't throw the lighter stuff too well. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on an avid inshore 8ft MH but my only concern is those rods are pretty fast and this rod will be mostly be used with treble hooks. Let me know you guys think. Thanks in advance.  

1 hour ago, shaller said:

I've found a glaring hole in my arsenal (or an excuse to buy more gear..). I'm looking to get something throw smaller/mid sized plugs in the back and around bridges. I need something to fit in-between b 7ft 6 M Avid inshore and 9ft 6 Tsunami airwave elite. Probably around 8ft 1/2-2oz preferably 1 piece. I already own a 8ft mojo surf but its really just used for tossing tins to to bluefish at inlets since it doesn't throw the lighter stuff too well. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on an avid inshore 8ft MH but my only concern is those rods are pretty fast and this rod will be mostly be used with treble hooks. Let me know you guys think. Thanks in advance.  

Look at the 8'6" SaltX rod- easy to fish for hours on end and its rated 0.5 to 2.5oz. Sadly it's a 2-piece. I am also partial to the 8'6" Trophy II distance model for throwing at hardtails but those are very hard to find now for some reason.