Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxfai

Are these cripple herring?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

So found some of these sitting in the basement. Put a hook on this. Is the hook too big? This is 1/2oz. What would these be good for up Northeast here?

IMG_20200806_095353308.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

second what clam said, especially when youve got small rain-bait around. Im sure that would entice a spanish and could prob be bounced along the surface for albies when they come around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, RyanJ_88 said:

second what clam said, especially when youve got small rain-bait around. Im sure that would entice a spanish and could prob be bounced along the surface for albies when they come around. 

Is this hook ok on it? Add stuff to it? fish as it is?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, ermghoti said:

Looks like the stock hook, ready to fish IMO.

 I actually added it on. I have a few and the others doesn't have hooks on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also sit on a dock, bridge, or boat and just jig it up with a big swing and let it sink back down.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foxfai said:

 I actually added it on. I have a few and the others doesn't have hooks on it

Looks like a good match to me. Should work fine :th:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, BobBass said:

You can also sit on a dock, bridge, or boat and just jig it up with a big swing and let it sink back down.  

 

Jigging them up and down is how they work best. I have caught many lake trout on them doing that. I never used them much in the salt but I have seen guys catch albies on them off the beach. I think you have to bend them a little to give it more action.

Edited by Flip n Dip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hook will work fine-- as others said jigging from boat/kayak/bridge/pier literally anything. Super versatile little metal. Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.