DonnieD

When does Assateague OSV open beyond KM 21.6?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Fished Assateague OSV area in early July for the first time.  I was fishing around the KM 15 mark or so.  The far sandbar was way beyond my casting limits.  Fished the waters in front of the far sandbar.  Used same kingfish rigs/bait and shark rigs/bait I've used successfully fishing off the beach in north Ocean City.  But the beach was totally different at Assateague and I got skunked.  I want to go back to Assateague and explore a little more.  Is the far out sandbar typical of the entire OSV area?  When do they open OSV beyond the 21.6 mark?  

once the bird / bird people / or summer crowds slow down, depends on who you ask... hopefully next few weeks, is the norm now.

I remember the days when it didn't close.... going south during the summer, and having a blast fishing without crowds.

I figured it would have opened to the State Line after the storm, but I guess those plovers are tougher than I thought.

5 hours ago, spinr0k said:

I figured it would have opened to the State Line after the storm, but I guess those plovers are tougher than I thought.

Wasn't enough overwash