Bwstriper44

704z rotor cup

11 posts in this topic

So I need to replace the rotor cup on my 704z and eparts or mystic reel parts have it listed as no longer been made. My question is does anybody know if the 704z and the 706z cup rotor are the same size? I was able to locate a 706z rotor. Thanks 

37 mins ago, Bwstriper44 said:

So I need to replace the rotor cup on my 704z and eparts or mystic reel parts have it listed as no longer been made. My question is does anybody know if the 704z and the 706z cup rotor are the same size? I was able to locate a 706z rotor. Thanks 

The 706z rotor cup and spool are larger. This and the handle are the only differences between the 704z and 706z to my knowledge. Body and gears are exactly the same for both. 

They are not the same size, and you can't put 706 on a 704 without replacing a bunch of other parts.

What's wrong with your cup?  I had one that was out of true, so the cup and spool were rubbing constantly and driving me crazy.  I removed the cup, banged on it with a rock until it was "rounder" and the rubbing went away.  This was years ago and it's worked fine since then. 

1 min ago, derangler said:

They are not the same size, and you can't put 706 on a 704 without replacing a bunch of other parts.

What's wrong with your cup?  I had one that was out of true, so the cup and spool were rubbing constantly and driving me crazy.  I removed the cup, banged on it with a rock until it was "rounder" and the rubbing went away.  This was years ago and it's worked fine since then. 

Small crack. Looks like I’ll have to find a parts reel

5 mins ago, iwantmypie said:

The 706z rotor cup and spool are larger. This and the handle are the only differences between the 704z and 706z to my knowledge. Body and gears are exactly the same for both. 

Thanks 

The 704 cup is smaller if you put on the 706 cup you can use the 704 spool--it is smaller you will have more clearance and less line capacity--rreelman

1 min ago, rreelman said:

The 704 cup is smaller if you put on the 706 cup you can use the 704 spool--it is smaller you will have more clearance and less line capacity--rreelman

Thanks. Other than the 2 places I’ve already mentioned. Do you know where I might be able to get a replacement rotor

1 hour ago, derangler said:

You need to change the rotor, line roller, spool, and the rotor washer. Better to find a 704 rotor.

7 hours ago, South Shore Squidder said:

I checked Mystics web site just now, they are now listing the 704z rotor cup, part # 27N-704, as available and in stock.

Thanks For the heads up South Shore