CLB

Nantucket last wk August - advice?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I’m lucky enough to be visiting Nantucket for the first time last week of August.

I’m trying to do some online investigating to have some clue what to bring and where/when to go when I get out there (other than basics like trying to fish tide changes in the sunset to sunrise time frame).

Looks like my timing isnt optimal: a bit late for stripers and a bit early for albies or bonitos.

Any thoughts or advice from the SOL denizens would be most appreciated. I’ll be shorebound.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I can offer one thought: Not too late for stripers at all.

Edit: I can offer more advice -- fish off of Low Beach (via, you guessed it... Low Beach Road in 'sconset).

Edited by Clowsher

Bonita are there now.Bass,blues,albies,spanish macs can show up at any time.Weather fronts will influence what is happening but all the forementioned will be around.Stop in Fishers tackle shop and they'll give you the scoop.Boy scout motto "Be prepared"

As noted above, Bonito were being caught there back in July, and there are always some stripers and blues around.  Agreed on Bill Fisher tackle.  

When I used to spend more time out there I'd spend a lot of time walking around Smith Point - lots of moving water ....

I’m here now. Haven’t fished yet, but under the lights of one of the massive yachts at the wharf I was watching schoolies feeding on baitfish just under my feet. So some are still around. Porgies were feeding too.