cashews121

Roofing

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dave588 said:

Storm damage?

Yeah,but it appears very minor,looks like one shingle flipped up,not ripped off,,along the apex of roof 

2 hours ago, giant basshole said:

Is it a flat roof, or a shingle roof? This is important when looking, many guys don’t do both.

Shingle

Can you not handle a simple fix like that yourself? You can buy loose shingles at homies and cut them with a razor.

the ridge cap is probably a single 3 tab cut into thirds. Get a tube of Henry roof tar or cement or similar.

use a flat bar to assist in getting under the adjacent shingles. 

3 hours ago, mybeach said:

Can you not handle a simple fix like that yourself? You can buy loose shingles at homies and cut them with a razor.

the ridge cap is probably a single 3 tab cut into thirds. Get a tube of Henry roof tar or cement or similar.

use a flat bar to assist in getting under the adjacent shingles. 

Sorry I don’t climb ladders

roger. a man has got to know his limitations. Be a tough call to get a roofer out there to replace one shingle.

Try a handyman. 

9 hours ago, cashews121 said:

Sorry I don’t climb ladders

Good call, I went up on my roof yesterday to fix a piece of loose siding. It was steep to the point that I had very little footing and the shingles were burning hot. Leave it to the pros if you are not experienced up there.

16 hours ago, TFLT said:

Good call, I went up on my roof yesterday to fix a piece of loose siding. It was steep to the point that I had very little footing and the shingles were burning hot. Leave it to the pros if you are not experienced up there.

Correct...not interested in a possible accident that may change my life forever.