Shimamo ultegra 5500

Rate this topic

bassmaster

6 hours ago, ermdjsm said:

Thanks for your reply! It's great that you like it. 

Thanks,  the reel likes longer rods  spent the money, might as well use it, i have 2 5500 and the 14k. I slapped that on my 1322.  I feel the 5500 casts farther on the 1322, i would have to compare again to make a accurate statement 

My 1204 likes the 5500. 

My vs 150's and 250 been on vacation lol.

I would like to try the new gosa when it comes out

I do have a saltist but it has 50 pp on it I think   ,   to heavy for sand

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

16 hours ago, bassmaster said:

Bearings look fine and line roller, pulled handle knob off amd lubed it.

It needed it.  

I built a rod for the Saragosa 10000 based on specs given to me by guys on the rodbuilding forum. It works great (no wobble) with the Saragosa and with an Ultegra gifted to me by a friend. The handle knob on the Ultegra is sticky and needs grease. I tried oiling it but it didn't help. How did you get the handle knob off?

1 hour ago, snookster said:

I built a rod for the Saragosa 10000 based on specs given to me by guys on the rodbuilding forum. It works great (no wobble) with the Saragosa and with an Ultegra gifted to me by a friend. The handle knob on the Ultegra is sticky and needs grease. I tried oiling it but it didn't help. How did you get the handle knob off?

pop that pc of plastic of the end of the handle, screw is under it..  

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

2 hours ago, snookster said:

Drill the rivet

troll #122  <*)))<

6 hours ago, bassmaster said:

Thanks,  the reel likes longer rods  spent the money, might as well use it, i have 2 5500 and the 14k. I slapped that on my 1322.  I feel the 5500 casts farther on the 1322, i would have to compare again to make a accurate statement 

My 1204 likes the 5500. 

I never gave this much thought...  For me the Ultegra 5500 CI4 is an awesome reel.  It is by far the longest casting reel that I own.  I use it on a 12'6" Century Slingshot.  Some  might think a 5500 size is too small for that size rod but man if you need distance it's an amazing setup.  I have never felt any wobble whatsoever.  

22 mins ago, Birdsnester said:

I never gave this much thought...  For me the Ultegra 5500 CI4 is an awesome reel.  It is by far the longest casting reel that I own.  I use it on a 12'6" Century Slingshot.  Some  might think a 5500 size is too small for that size rod but man if you need distance it's an amazing setup.  I have never felt any wobble whatsoever.  

funny you mention that,  i used mine on a century slingshot 11 foot i think,  its the 3 to 7 oz model.  Outa sight with a pencle 

I had some gibbs pencles I bought when gibbs was up the road from me.

They was heavy as they was made for ron arra more wight in them haha.

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

6 hours ago, bassmaster said:

My 1204 likes the 5500. 

i was cut up on casting destance,castin destance is competition casting few times.cesting distance in fishing 6 hours is defrent think.work hard or work easie.

if you cast plug 7/8 oz with 7' mediu.medium rod,you can cast 6 hours with out beeing tierd.you can take moust expensive 12' rod and moust expensive reel,spining reel and you will cast only 20' longer cast then i do with my 7' spinig and cheep BG reel.

is it worted to spend the money and spend lot energy to get worn out in 2 hours.the anser is no.

if you cast 4 oz then you will do only beter then me.

46 mins ago, snag777 said:

i was cut up on casting destance,castin destance is competition casting few times.cesting distance in fishing 6 hours is defrent think.work hard or work easie.

if you cast plug 7/8 oz with 7' mediu.medium rod,you can cast 6 hours with out beeing tierd.you can take moust expensive 12' rod and moust expensive reel,spining reel and you will cast only 20' longer cast then i do with my 7' spinig and cheep BG reel.

is it worted to spend the money and spend lot energy to get worn out in 2 hours.the anser is no.

if you cast 4 oz then you will do only beter then me.

Ya 1 small problem, i dont get warn out.   I been fishing usually 5 to 7 hours at a time with no problem. 

When there over a bar i want to reach it. I dont know how far a cheap rod compares to a lets say century 9 1/2 foot rod with a long cast reel and 20 lb max Quattro  .  

Use what ya want its a hobby, i happen to like high end rods.

I fished alot with a 9 foot  1083 and a vs 150 for years.  

I highly doubt thst 7 foot rod is going to get anywhere near to where im casting...

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

3 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Ya 1 small problem, i dont get warn out.   I been fishing usually 5 to 7 hours at a time with no problem. 

When there over a bar i want to reach it. I dont know how far a cheap rod compares to a lets say century 9 1/2 foot rod with a long cast reel and 20 lb max Quattro  .  

Use what ya want its a hobby, i happen to like high end rods.

I fished alot with a 9 foot  1083 and a vs 150 for years.  

I highly doubt thst 7 foot rod is going to get anywhere near to where im casting...

i cast 7/8 oz plug with 7' medium ,light,from 120' to 190',you will have hard time to beet the 190' cast with your stuf.

when you go casting remember count the reel handle rotation and multyply by inches by one turn off handle,you will be supriced.

Just now, snookster said:

Since  my reel has no screw and is as you say riveted, I guess my options are to buy a new handle, drill the rivet or see if I can force lube into it. 
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I thought there was a video on this

Could have sworn i drilled mine out

troll #122  <*)))<

Just now, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I thought there was a video on this

Could have sworn i drilled mine out

I just did mine Phillips behind the chrome cover,  im surprised after all the fish i got its still going. 

Tonight might be VS250 and 1204 time just retired one of my needles after 2 weeks :D

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

5 mins ago, snookster said:

Since  my reel has no screw and is as you say riveted, I guess my options are to buy a new handle, drill the rivet or see if I can force lube into it. 
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

yours is riveted, thats messed up mine has a screw.

If you drill it out your going to need a tap.

Take the handle off soaking it in hot water and dish soap.  Work it and dunk it in oil.

That might work for ya

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif