ace4570

Lure Making

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Are there any good books on lure making. I’ve tried to make my own in the past and they looked like something out of a horror movie. I’m just looking for books that can really explain how to turn a good lure.

Not really. But there is a wealth of knowledge in the plug building forum down below. Better than any book a person could write. 

3 hours ago, SnookerFla said:

I gave my lathe away a few years back do to a lack of space. I buy the wood plug kits now. Nice quality.

and how do they come out?

HH

1 hour ago, SnookerFla said:

I think they'll work. Nothing too fancy on the paint job. They swim well. The middle one is a cc pikie.

20200730_160854.jpg

Where’d you get those kits? They actually look really good. The white/unpainted ones are probably my favorite.

5 hours ago, SnookerFla said:

I think they'll work. Nothing too fancy on the paint job. They swim well. The middle one is a cc pikie.

20200730_160854.jpg

all looks good to me.

should put some bends in your rod.

HH

5 hours ago, SnookerFla said:

20200730_160854.jpg

the rudolphs look good,i always had a soft spot for them.

HH

The lure kits are from Saltys lure.com. They make about 25 (fresh and salt) kits. They also have lure parts and paint. My lures I used hardware store rattle cans.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yea them kits ain’t bad . Is how I started as well . Never tried their pikie but those howdys cast and spook very well . I’ve caught a lot of fish on their pencils . They sell like 6 pack of mixed kits for pretty cheap .. 

Edited by Wire For Fire