fishn333

Moonshine rods

6 posts in this topic

I’ve seen an add for these moonshine rambler rods . Has anyone had one of these rods in there hand if so what’s your thoughts 

Never felt one of their products..only saw them mentioned 1x before years ago...but I don't pay attention to fly fishing....I'm sure if they were the bell of the ball the name moonshine would be on the tip of everone's tonge, errrrr....keyboard. like sage and orvis.....but it's not....

Look at a Phenix Feather or a Daiwa Rebellion....Two companies that have done Spinning rods and their actions exceptionally well for a long time.  (haven't touched a sub 8' two piece spinner in a very long rod!

I looked at the website. It looks like they build rods, not make rods. I have a couple of those copper colored blanks they used for their spinning rod series. 

The blanks are 43K modulus with Toray, so they are reasonable quality and the fit and finish of the rods looks fine. I would rate them a fair deal if you are looking for the actions they have. 

I do not know enough about fly rods to comment on their offerings- my comments are specific to the spinning rods I saw. 
1E156672-46E8-4104-BBC5-07689C6E7C17.jpeg.30044ce178e7cc02a1a5397b9a14aca1.jpeg 
My version of their rod. This one has not been epoxied. 

9 hours ago, Failurebikes777 said:

Looks like a sweet rod! How much do they run?

Huh? I built it myself. Parts cost around $80.